Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Good:

I got my projector back from Sony. It was shipped next business day from their repair center. It works.

The Bad:

It works, but that's it. The projector was not fixed. All they did was either reset my lamp timer or give me a new lamp and reset the lamp timer. Also, the box in which I received it, the original box I used to send it and the very same box which I orignally received it in, was beat to a pulp. It was not like that when I sent it at all. Not even close. It looks like it had been thrown around, stepped on, dropped, and any other destructive action FedEx (or Sony?) could do to a box. And the scariest part was the fact that the projector was not wrapped up in its styrofoam and plastic. It was just placed inside the box in its usable form. I am surprised it is even working at all. I sent them a brand new shiny projector and when I received it yesterday and upon inspection I it was really dirty, with lots finger prints on the lens cover (thank god it was not the lens), the projector was pretty much covered with dust and dirt, the bottom had lots of dirt and scratches that in no way came from me using it as I had it ceiling mounted.

I immediatley called Sony. I told them that the projector looked like $hit (yes I swore at them), was not repaired, and was surprised it was even working. Especially after the way it was shipped. They almost instantaneously transferred me to their highest level of support (so they say). I was told to expect a call from them in 24-48 hours and that my problem(s) would be fixed.

Honestly, the only way I see them fixing this problem is by giving me a new unit. Especially since my one week old projector (that is how long I have had it in my hands) now looks like I found it at the bottom of a garbage heap. Well, maybe that is just a little exageration, but when you pay nearly $3000 for something like this and you get it repaired under warranty, getting it returned in worst shape then which it was sent, is a disgrace. Shame on you Sony!

Has anyone else experienced this type of service from Sony? I know alot of people on this forum have had to send in their projector for repairs. The problem with mine is there is this green line going down the side of the screen about 2 inches from the edge. It is noticable and annoying while watching movies. By the way, this problem is not a cable issure or anything like. It is even visible when nothing is plugged in. It shows up on the start up screen and Memory stick screen.

I shipped it on March 17 and know they receieved it on March 20. From that point it went from Pennsylvania, to California, to Texas, and then me.

I baught it from an authorized dealer and probably should have called them first. But by the time I thought of that it was too late. I had already sent it out. Chris You Fool!

I am pissed. But Sony assured me that my problems would be fixed. So, I am hopefull with time I will have a perfectly working HS10.

Just wanted to share my experience. Hope your reading this Sony.

Chris

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. I must say however that Sony's service here in NZ is absolutely top notch. I got quick and personal attention - all the stuff a consumer hopes for.

I'm curious as to why you say they haven't fixed it, yet you're saying it does work?

[edit]Ok, I noticed you mentioned in another thread that your HS10 has a green line somewhere in the picture. I assume that this is still present after the repair job?[/edit]

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
I sent my HS10 in to Norcross, GA for repair (lamp issue -- it had completely stopped working). I shipped it out double-boxed and it came back single-boxed in its original box, and someone had marked through every bar code on the box so I couldn't redeem the mail-in free DVD offer. Also, I sent it wrapped up in the foam baggie it arrived in and it came back wrapped in plastic wrap. However, the projector itself arrived back to me in the same condition it left, other than the markings the box was intact, and I haven't had any problems with the new bulb.

I'm not pleased that Sony "stole" my foam baggie and that they wrote all over the HS10's box. But, I guess I should consider myself lucky.

FWIW, I am still waiting (since early January) for my dealer to replace this PJ for dead pixels, poor panel alignment, and magenta dust blobs that are sealed inside the optics. I sure hope the new unit doesn't wind up suffering from the lamp issue or I'm going to have to go through this all over again. Since I'm not completely sure the new projector will even be an improvement over my current one (these things are, after all, imperfect by nature), I may wind up keeping the current one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.