AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture looks great, even with the edge compression. Now hear are my problems: I cant get any sound/signal out of my toslink connection. I've tried different cables, different settings in the menu. It just doesn't pass on anything. :( My other problem is that I did a channel scan, and I've deleled all the analogs, but in the family profile channel edit, not all the channels come up so I'm stuck with all these analog spanish channels. No matter how much I try I can't get rid of them.

Also, Channel changing takes forever. Othere than that great set.

Thanx!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can’t help with the toslik problem.

Mark sure you have antenna A and B set to the correct input, cable or air. I use antenna A for Air. May sure your antenna is connected and then try punching in 17-1 for CBS. Put in 17 then use the right arrow key to move to the next block and enter 1, then push the center OK button. If you don’t get a signal then try the same thing on 19, 26, 31,36 and 56. If still nothing, go back and make sure you are set to Air, if its set to cable it will not see these channels. If this doesn’t work, check you antenna. I can get some analog Spanish channels with no antenna attached over here is Peoria.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I'm assuming that your feeding a receiver with the toslink cable. Make sure the receiver is set to take the "digital" verison. Most times this is the errant setting. Most receivers default to the analog channel so that would explain your problems.

·
Registered
22,160 Posts
For your digital audio, do this...

I think this is your trouble...

On the remote hit:

menu

audio

OPtical Output

auto select

clear

You should be okay after that!

For receiving digital channels, there are two ways that you can select the channel. Either by selecting the 'real' channel (IE 43 if that is the UHF channel) or if turn on "Program Guides", you can select the digital channel by using the 'affilate (sub-channel)' number (IE UHF channel 43 may be 10-1).

I suggest trying to use "Program Guides" to scan for channels.

Let us know how you make out!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I wish I had the room for a projector, I see you didn't buy the locking stand for your F-38310. The RCA stand gives the set height, for me on my day lounger it's straight across from me not downwards like yours looks like. God Luck :)

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well fixed all problems but the toslink. Looks like I'll be calling Circuit City.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.