AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after FIVE months of waiting, and 3 months of using a 60" Hitachi LCD(which I loved, but there's no comparison IMO), my HLN617W came in on Saturday.

To make a long story short, it was more than worth the wait. I am completely floored by this thing, especially the HTPC aspect. Here's two pics I took with my E-20:

http://www.designingfool.net/advert/dlp3.jpg

Halo at 1280x720:
http://www.designingfool.net/advert/dlp4.jpg

I am a happy camper at last!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know this is an old post but I was curious on where you purchased you Sammy 61DLP and what was the price damage?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'm assuming that your Halo shot is from the PC version and not the XBox? I've played Halo from the Xbox on my DLP, but it doesn't look that good :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those shots look awesome, and make my wait even harder. MY sammy 61" is supposed to be delivered saturday (cross fingers/knock on wood).

Jay

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I would like to recommend these pic's/thread to all those people who post "Should I wait for the 'HLP' models?"). I've posted comments a few times that although there may be a slight improvement, I can't see a whole lot - so why wait. Well, a picture (or two) is worth a thousand words.

Great pic's Jeff - I'm sure you'll enjoy your set as much as I enjoy mine!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Aaaggghhh!! What's that thing on your DLP in the first picture?!?!

Oh wait. I guess that's just you. ;) (just kiddin'.)

Halo looks awesome. It's gotta be the PC version.. My XBox version doesn't look *that* good. Makes me want to go spend the $50 on the PC version now.

Rick

P.S. Afergy, I got my HLN617 from Tweeter in Chino. I think forum rules prohibit us from posting prices, so if you send me a private message we can talk turkey there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That first half life scene, is just ok, But the Halo looks real good.

I have been enjoying my hln567 as a monitor like that for 4 months now

unreal tournament 2003 looks great also as does any other highly rendered game or grafix, and digital photos and slide shows, holy shizzel do they look sublime.

Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. I am really loving this DLP. The Halo is on my HTPC jfischer. I don't think we're allowed to post price stuff, but I bought it at HHgregg and got a great deal, I don't think they made a penny off it. I complained for waiting so long to corporate, and they gave me some more cash off.

PC just looks incredible.

Edit:

Oh, and that's not me in the first pic. That's my friend that was helping me pack up the LCD and bring back to exchange for the DLP. I keep his quads and bikes in my garage so he's obligated to help me when I need it. :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shovelhd
There are no HLP 61" sets scheduled for 2004. That's why I joined the 617 club last week myself.
Not according to Arun. The Tabletop HLP6163W is due out mid-year and the 1080p 61†should be out late in the year. See http://www.digiupdate.com/105_DLP_RPTV.html#_Toc627 .

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Jeffro,

I have a friend who has a 56" Sammy and he gets lots of artifacted pictures when he plugs his SD DirectTivo in through the S-Video input. I was wondering if the PC and DScaler or the H3D card would make a big difference? Have you tried this? I use the H3D for my HT1000 DLP projector and it works great and doesn't have this problem.

Jack

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Well they are scheduled for this year and I'm waiting for you to be surprised :D ... if I decide to go with DLP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.