AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, after a very hard work, I mounted everything!

The result obtained is incredible.

My HT Set-up is configured as follows:

BarcoGraphics 1209s (finally!) - tubes in great conditions (almost new), totally reconditioned, 2700 hours. Incredible details, maybe the better resolution and detail ever seen by me on a 9 inches. High brightness, stunning and solid colors. Unfortunately the noise produced is incredibly high (...);

custom made ceiling bracket, a solid metal frame weighting more than 40 pounds, it allows the pj to move forward and backward for more than a foot;

HTPC ATIRadeon based, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Hauppage WinTV, silenced by Zelman fans and heatsinks;

Humax 5100 Sat receiver/decoder, Svideo and RGB outputs;

Pioneer DVD525 player;

Sony SLVE820 VCR VHS player (never used anymore... :( );

NEC SI5320 RGB and multistandard switch;

new 1.2 gain matt ultrafine, motorized, remote commanded screen (Ice white);

Classè Audio SSP25 pre-amplifier;

Krell KAV500 / 5 Aclass five channel power amplifier (5x100WRMS / 8 ohms) excellent sound, but it is required at least a 1/2 hour warm-up, before to reach the maximum;

Yamaha M2 stereo + Rotel RB993 3 channel power amplifiers, (very powerful, but to be sold very soon, since the fact that they're not useful anymore);

HGS15 Velodyne subwoofers;

Zingali speakers, 212 Home Monitor (main), 212 Studio Monitor (central), Overture 2.s (rear surrond channels). They're absolutely incredible. Maybe the best speakers ever seen and heard in my life. The biggest problem was the price. Just the rear channels (with an 8 inches woofer and the omniray horn) are sold around 3,500$...

yes! I'm almost "ruined" (some 30,000$) but happy, simply happy and proud, about the result reached!

Have sent a dozen pictures on the new (gorgeus) section of the forum...

ciao

Romano

· Registered
18,490 Posts
What Romano isn't telling us is that in the process he's sold his car, lost the girlfriend, and is wearing "Emperor's New Clothes"..;-)

Looks great!

Curt

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, friends.

I've *not* sold my Porsche Carrera2 Giubilee. I love it in the same way I love my HT!!!

I cannot live without to feel my "car-back" loosing the direction, needing to immediatly control it with the steer...

but I've lost my girlfriend, as Curt is saying... ;) ...or... :(

but, as our friend Curt teaches us, there are *always* many women for a (single) man!!!!

(Thanks, Curt, I've reached my satisfaction with your help!)

...but it costed something.

... and...

cables? I'm using good cables for the low level signals (Van Den Hul), but I use very strong and big cables (16mm^2) for the power!

Bcmagog, you're right! any good HT set-up needs appropriate cables...

Mike,

thank you very much. I've sent some 14 pictures on the new forum section. I love it!!!

ciao

Romano

· Registered
564 Posts
Great pics, I love the mad scientist pic. But where's the picture of you sitting in your Porsche watching the Matrix?:D

btw, in the USA we call the car-back coming loose "getting sideways".

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trevor...

the mad scientist pic?!? it is me!!! ;)

and... concerning "watching the Matrix" driving the Porsche... I think that there could be a serious risk to "get sideways" too much!

ciao

Romano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.