AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well abc is on my signal seems low how about anyone elses signal plus the call sign is on at the bottom .:confused: .Well anyway its about time I hope abc has some stanley cup finals in hdtv.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Yep, I am receiving it in Springfield. My signal strenght is good though. I think they are still testing, because that logo that they have is annoying. They need to get rid of it quick. Also, they are stretching the image to about 14:9, I hope they quit doing that also. Too bad ABC is not showing any HD until Saturday, I want to check it out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am getting a good signal. The picture does seem a little dark and slightly stretched and the sound volume level is a little low. I wonder if they will be able to broadcast in DD5.1 and HDTV.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I don't want to be negative but... All they are doing now is 480i stretched. WTVF does an 1080i upconvert during those times that CBS is not showing HD. I wonder if WKRN has the capabilities to pass-thru HD at the moment. When I talked to the engineer several months ago, he wasn't sure if they would be able to afford the equipment to pass HD right away. Of course, according to the Tennessean article, the general manager said that they would pass along HD. We'll find out Saturday night.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm getting strength of 84, and only getting 55 on channel 5 , so thats great. BUT whats up with that bug, does it go away?

My HiPix is reporting that they are sending 1280X720p @ 17 Mbps 59.9 fps, so I think the can do HD.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Trevor, that is great news, 720p is what ABC uses for HD. Everyone, call WKRN tomorrow and thank them for their digital channel, then politely tell them the bug is just a little annoying.

·
Registered
564 Posts
BTW I'm finding that Air Force one is not in HD on the Titan TV sched or anywhere else, but on sunday Dinosuar is in HD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm getting a full 100 in signal strength on both STBs (Panasonic and Hughes) for both 5-1 and 2-1 from White Bluff Tennessee (10 miles east of Dickson). Approximately 35 miles as the crow flies to the towers.

Channel Master 4228 External Antenna mounted on the roof approximately 45 feet high (3 story house) high atop the Highland Rim.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm considering OTA HDTV but could some of you that are actually using it (in Nashville) give me a heads up on:

1. What you can currently get (how many channels and how many shows are actually broadcast in HDTV)

2. What type of antenna (where and how much you got it for would be cool to)

3. How many times you had to reinstall your antenna because of all this great weather we've been having (just joking) :).

4. Tips on where you got your HDTV display.

I live in the Ridgetop area but will be moving soon to Hendersonville.

·
Registered
564 Posts
warlord,

1. you can currently get 2.5 channels OTA. channels 5 and 5+, and ABC

4.depends on your budget.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anyone out there receiving today? Mits 400 can't find channel and lists as unavailable.

Signal strength on 5-1 usually locks in high 90's with indoor radio Shack antenna.

if you are receiving what's on ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
They were not transmitting this morning. I think they are in test mode. Here is a response to an email I sent just Wednesday!

"we have yet set a specific date. We will air all programming provided by ABC that is HDTV. Thank you for your e-mail."

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 3:55 PM

Subject: Digital Transition

Someone in your organization was quoted as saying you would be up and running digitally by last week. Is there a new time frame or was that information totally off base? Also when you are up will you be transmitting all HDTV programming on ABC when available?

Thank You

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm right around the corner from you on Wilson Pike.

Do you have to move your annt. around to get both 5-1 and 2-1 ?

I still haven't been able to get 2-1 as of this afternoon. Are you receiving today?

·
Registered
564 Posts
here is the email i just got

"Good afternoon Trevor--

First off, thank you for visiting TitanTV.com and for providing valuable

feedback. We contacted WKRN and they are still in the testing phase and

plan to announce their live status officially on May 24. We have changed

their status on TitanTV to 'Testing' and will move them to live on the 24th.

Thanks again for your interest in TitanTV.

Best regards,

Christie Midthun

Decisionmark Corp."

·
Registered
26 Posts
stsrep, I can get both with my antenna in the same position. I get 5 at 80 to 90% and 2 at 100%. I couldnt get channel 2 during the day. I dont think they were broadcasting.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep trying to get a picture. My IRD finally loaded the station after reloading my zip code and rescanning the locals.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not only was "Enemy Of The State" in glorious HD last night, but it also was in Dolby Digital. As soon as it was over the digital transmission stopped, but hopefully the will be finished testing soon annd we will have it full time!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Enemy of the State looked good, but that bug has got to go.

Every one please call WKRN @ 259-2200 and thank them for passing the HD, but ask them to PLEASE get rid of the bug. Ask for the engineering department.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.