AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own Pioneer 5080 and love it.

I have been researching a new TV for the past 6 months. I have been waiting for the prices go down and CES announements. I tried very hard to buy another TV to save money but I was not able to do it.

Today I got a good deal from a forum sponser for Pioneer 5020 and BluRay BPD-51 and pulled the trigger.

I live in Minnesota and I trying to see what I can do to make sure the TV is in good condition when it is delivered. I know that I cannot turn the TV on for many hours to let it warm up.

What should I do to inspect that TV before accepting the delivery.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
if you can't turn it on at least take a flashlight and inspect the screen for cracks.

if you do happen to have problems with the glass or anything else the avs forum sponsors should take care of you just fine.

congrats hope it arrives in great shape and you get to enjoy your new kuro soon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats, I just got my 5020 the day before yesterday and I'm completely in love with it. I never knew Blu-rays and HD content could look so good. I put my three year old 1600:1 contrast ratio LG LCD in my bed room and I can't believe how far technology has come in three years. The picture is like night and day. Your really going to fall in love with the 5020.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I also upgraded from a 5080 recently and was completely blown away. The picture has significantly improved. In particular, I was surprised at just how much darker the blacks are. They've finally reached a point where I actually prefer the handling of black on this flat panel to a CRT. This is the ONLY flat panel I've ever used where I could truly say this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts