AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after going back and forth for quite some time i finally took everyones advice and ordered the sbs 5.1 from svs. I am really excited. I already have an onkyo 605 to push it. Now i need to figure out what wires i need to order from monoprice. Any advice? I am going to need to run the speaker wire and probrably the sub cable through the wall and ceiling to keep it all hidden. I dont know about placement yet. I may order stands or wall and ceiling mount the front and rears. The center will go in or on my Tv stand. I cant wait to wake up my living room with some sound.

·
Registered
30 Posts
dont know anything about wires, i am on the market for speakers myself. SVS system is one of them. Can you give me some info on which speakers, center, sub you got? Can you tell me what else you chose this over as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the sbs 01 for front l/r and rear surrounds, scs 01 for center, and a pb10 sub. I looked at polk monitors, polk rti's, Bic, av123, etc but i kept going back to the svs. They got excellent reviews. Alot of the other brands were not reviewed as well as svs. Hopefully ill agree with them. I think i will.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought 100' of 14 gauge, 2 conductor, CL2 rated speaker wire from monoprice to run my SCS-01 system which is due to ship in a couple of weeks. My SVS PB12-NSD is arriving today. I'm sure I'll get a call about the low WAF on the sub.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a CL2 rating is required for in-wall installation of any wiring.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm sure you'll be surprised by the SVS setup, no doubt about it.

I just got 03 SCS-01 for the front array and boy, they really rock!

I also have a PB10-ISD SW and so far, so good

Regards, Chuck

·
Registered
322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamedic /forum/post/14256268

Well after going back and forth for quite some time i finally took everyones advice and ordered the sbs 5.1 from svs.

Hello sflamedic,

Give us a little review after you get them. I am also in the market for a 5.1 system and was thinking about going with AV123 but the x-series speakers are always out of stock so I am gonna go with SVS.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
wiggindude,

if that matters to you, I've posted a very short review of my front array, over at the Offical SVS Thread

Regards, Chuck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definately let you know how it is once i get everything hooked up. About the WAF, just tell her its a new end table, lol. What kind of sub cable did you go with? I thought about going all scs across the front but didnt because the area isnt huge and figured the sbs would do just fine. If i feel the need to go scs later i will just sell the sbs. I got them at a pretty good deal on bstock.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to set up the reciever? Its an onkyo 605. First time doing this so i am a little lost with it all. Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
From the rules:

So in thinking along these lines we ask...Please No More Threads such as....

"I just bought "blank" and they are the best"
"I have my "blank" on order"

What is the point of this thread other than bragging.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip_ /forum/post/14259781

From the rules:

So in thinking along these lines we ask...Please No More Threads such as....

"I just bought "blank" and they are the best"
"I have my "blank" on order"

What is the point of this thread other than bragging.

no i am not bragging, i stated what i have bough b/c i was excited about it and then i asked about what i need to hook it up and how to hook it up. How would i brag about a $1000 set up when most people her spend more than that on 1 speaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts