AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Soundtrack yesterday around noon, and they had the Panny LCD 45lcl12 showing along with the Samsung HLM507w and a Pioneer Plasma Flat Screen. All screens were showing the HDNET broadcasts.

my personal opinion would be as follows, Plasma seemed to have a better picture on some stuff that was being showed and some content that was being showed the DLP looked as good but not better. This was the same channel being broadcasts at the same time.

I noticed that the DLP did not have as good of a Viewing angle as the plasma but a much better viewing angle then the LCD.

After looking at the TVs all next to eachother viewing the same signal I would say that the

Plasma had the best picture, but suffers from burn in so no PC gaming could be done on the screen

DLP had a good picture compared to LCD and no burn in issues.

LCD had a terrible viewing angle and was not comparable at all to the other two sets.

My personal pick would be the DLP simply because I will halve to use the set as a PC monitor and play mostly XBOX and PC games so with burn in being an issue the winner is DLP hands down over the LCD. I would choose plasma over DLP if they did not suffer from burn in.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
u-ray:

Most folks would agree with your assessment on those dimensions (picture quality, viewing angle, burn-in). Other significant reasons that led me to go DLP included price (DP is less expensive for similar PQ and resolution) and durability (plasmas have a more limited lifespan compared to DLP).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the price is also a great reason to go with DLP over Plasma, I would also like to add that I did not buy the TV because I am waiting for the new HLN series of TVs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.