AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhender /forum/post/0

I'd wait for the prices to come down a little. $35 for Mr and Mrs. Smith is a joke, especially for Amazon.

I buy all of my hd-dvds and BD there and have never paid more than $25 after the 10% savings deal.

Is that "grab the suckers" pricing?

Since when does Amazon.com offer only 10% off?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhender /forum/post/0

I'd wait for the prices to come down a little. $35 for Mr and Mrs. Smith is a joke, especially for Amazon.

I buy all of my hd-dvds and BD there and have never paid more than $25 after the 10% savings deal.

Yeah, I was looking forward to picking that one up, but not at that price. I'm not paying more than $25 for anything that isn't imported.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just discovered these are all on Pre-Order at DVDEmpire.com and are considerably cheaper then Amazon.

~Josh

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is deja vu all over again. What we're going through reminds me of the days about 10 years ago when I got a first-generation DVD player. There were very few releases of newer titles and I had to pick from older titles which I already had VHS copies of.

·
Registered
859 Posts
This is the main reason I've been sticking with HD DVD - those prices are absolutely ridiculous. $35.99? Christ, I didn't even pay that much for combo discs. What's more, I could have bought 2 HD DVDs for that price, just about. Even though I now have a Blu-Ray player, I can't say I'll buy discs very regularly.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Fox needs a reality check with their prices. I will never pay over $25 for a disc. Make it $15 and I'll gladly rebuy every single one of my 1400 DVDs. If it's $20, I may buy it on a whim.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbdestroya /forum/post/0

Amazon's pre-order pricing is *always* higher. As soon as the titles launch, they'll be instantly more affordable.

Amazon's pre-order pricing is not always higher. You'll see all of those that are only discounted by 10% go down prior to release.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I want 'Dances with Wolves'....but now I'm hearing it's only the 'theatrical version', and worst yet it's on a BD25 *and* priced at $35.99.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/0

The 10% off is an additional discount after amazon's sales price. These discs will wind up around $25.00 then.

Show me a Fox BD on Amazon that I can buy for $25 after 10% off

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman /forum/post/0

Show me a Fox BD on Amazon that I can buy for $25 after 10% off

Well the 10% off is on top of any current discounts. For example X-men 3, a Fox movie release, is $27.95 at Amazon, so you would deduct 10% from that price.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.