AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm happy to announe I'm finally able to start construction of my cinema.

I'm here in South Australia and sold the house with my old cinema in it 2 years ago now so I've been having withdrawls for a while now...!!

I previously had a Klipsch Reference 7.2 system, Epson TW4000 projector, 120" screen and a rack of Emotiva amps.

Most of that was sold.

What I'm excited about is that I bought a 120 year old bluestone church and have spent the last 2 years building a house attached to this church.

The church is destined to be my next cinema.

The space allocated for the cinema is 8.7 x 6.1m (about 28.5' x 20') with 14' ceilings. The walls are almost 2' thick solid stone.

The space allows me to have a dedicated data room behind the screen baffle wall for my three racks of equipment and I even have space in the church entrance for a dedicated movie library.

I am designing the cinema around a set of Krix Theatrix cinema speakers and matching subs and surrounds all sitting behind a 180" 2.37:1 acoustically transparent screen.

http://www.krix.com.au/theatrix.html

I've just started the construction of the baffle wall, and wanted to share my excitement with everyone. I've attached a few of my CAD drawings.

Let me know what you think or if you have any feedback as to my design.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds awesome and I can't wait to see pictures.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Krix Theatrix - How did the church setup go?

I know this thread is now well over a year old but I Google searched 'Krix Theatrix review' and found very little, am a member of AVS and found this.

Purely out of a fellow home theatre advocate's sake I was wondering how did this pan out; acoustically, visually and audibly with your results?

I have triple 12 JTR speakes for my front array behind a 133" AT screen, Velodyne DD18 & DD15 supporting the bottom end and run an Emotiva XPA-5 for amp, 2x Klark Teknik/Midas G-EQ's for L,C,R channels and Oppo BDP-105D with a JVC X500.

Krix Theatrix is my next goal and adding and replacement of amps to support it. Seems you've been to that next level I'm looking to go in the next few years and wanted to hear your thoughts and enjoy feedback of your results and all.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi all

I'm happy to announe I'm finally able to start construction of my cinema.
I'm here in South Australia and sold the house with my old cinema in it 2 years ago now so I've been having withdrawls for a while now...!!
I previously had a Klipsch Reference 7.2 system, Epson TW4000 projector, 120" screen and a rack of Emotiva amps.
Most of that was sold.

What I'm excited about is that I bought a 120 year old bluestone church and have spent the last 2 years building a house attached to this church.
The church is destined to be my next cinema.

The space allocated for the cinema is 8.7 x 6.1m (about 28.5' x 20') with 14' ceilings. The walls are almost 2' thick solid stone.
The space allows me to have a dedicated data room behind the screen baffle wall for my three racks of equipment and I even have space in the church entrance for a dedicated movie library.

I am designing the cinema around a set of Krix Theatrix cinema speakers and matching subs and surrounds all sitting behind a 180" 2.37:1 acoustically transparent screen.

http://www.krix.com.au/theatrix.html

I've just started the construction of the baffle wall, and wanted to share my excitement with everyone. I've attached a few of my CAD drawings.

Let me know what you think or if you have any feedback as to my design.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Mat, I've seen your system as a case study on the Krix website and it is mighty impressive.

What did you use on the front wall for acoustic treatment/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts