AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Letterman's Pet Tricks To Go HD

By Ken Kerschbaumer -- Broadcasting & Cable, 8/11/2005 1:26:00 PM

High-definition broadcasts of The Late Show with David Letterman will begin on Monday, Aug. 29, according to a show spokesman.

The show will be on a summer vacation from Aug. 15-29, giving technical crews two weeks to make sure the new technical facilities (which include a Sony HD production switcher) are up and working properly.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno has been available in HD since 1999 and Late Night with Conan O’Brien joined the HD club last spring. Saturday Night Live and Last Call With Carson Daly make the switch this fall.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I cant wait for this to begin, will it be DD 5.1? Will it be letterbox? only time will tell. For right now, i'm the first reply! yay

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is great news. They actually succeeded expectations that said this would happen in mid to late September.

I can stop watching Leno once and for all. :D

I hope it is true 16x9 just like Conan.

It better be, I mean just think of all the time they had to plan this out.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Like "WAY KOOL MAN":)

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
Is there anybody like me that do not really care to see Letterman in HD?
No, because we're not watching him.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Is there anybody like me that do not really care to see Letterman in HD? He's scary in SD, I can't imagine what 8/29 will bring........... :D
Good news! The program will continue to be available in SD as well. Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Quote:
Will it be letterbox? only time will tell.
I doubt it, I've heard Moonves hates letterbox.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Now we just need Craig Ferguson, Carson Daily, and Jimmy Kimmel in HD...

Mr Zoid

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks goodness. At least now I can choose between Letterman and Leno, and not just watch Leno, because it looks so much better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is great news indeed. I am ashamed to say that I have been watching Leno occasionally because he was in HD. Well, no more lame late night comedy for me. I will be front and center come Aug 29th to see Dave in his HD debut. :)

·
Premium Member
35,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhn2
This is great news indeed. I am ashamed to say that I have been watching Leno occasionally because he was in HD. Well, no more lame late night comedy for me. I will be front and center come Aug 29th to see Dave in his HD debut. :)
Me too.. :p Dave is by far The Man though, this is good news indeed.. :)

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
That will give me just enough time to watch all the shows I saved but never bothered to watch so I can wipe them out and make space for Dave.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Quote:
Is there anybody like me that do not really care to see Letterman in HD? He's scary in SD, I can't imagine what 8/29 will bring........... :D
YEA, AGREED ! Leno rules.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.