AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using this driver; http://www.cmedia.com.tw/8x38/WDM/CMI8738_WDM_6.21.zip , I finally managed to get DD and DTS spdif output working on my C-Media 8378 based soundcard. It's actually called AudioExcel MD-Mate (because it has an optical daughtercard). The card cost me about $60 in Germany. I'm shure there are lots of cards based on this chipset around.

The information about this new driver release came from http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/ubb/Foru...ML/000013.html and apparently they aren't official yet.

I'm using WinDVD 2.6, I couldn't get PowerDVD VR-X working with spdif out on this setup, but that might very well be because it is very late and I'm very tired now...

Now I can get both the nice DTS and DD logos in bright red light on my Denon AVC A10SE when using the computer as a DVD player!

Now I only lack 1366x768 on my Sony 10HT and everything would be heaven...

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
830 Posts
Well what the hell am I doing using a bloody Live then???

Goodbye.

btw. Did you have a look at my little dts CD problem?

Also I can't output mp3 files at 44.1kHz? Only 48kHz. What does that indicate to you??? :)

Also Technet has the sp2 full version now.

T.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Tony:

___I have searched about all the PC tech, performance, and Windows 2000 sites I care to in the last hour looking for SP2 final. Did you say TechNet (Microsoft’s own Windows Developer support site) has it somewhere? I did not readily see it posted on their site either?

Pivot: Sorry for moving this discussion OT.

___Thanks

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Lai:
Well what the hell am I doing using a bloody Live then???

Goodbye.

Also I can't output mp3 files at 44.1kHz? Only 48kHz. What does that indicate to you??? :)
No 44.1kHz with SBLive? The C-Media can output 44.1kHz, but I haven't checked that it really is 44.1kHz. Can do that tonight.

Do you have a link to that final SP2?

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
92 Posts
Torgeir,

While you're at it, could you check 32kHz as well? When I contacted M-Audio about the DiO 2448 (uses CMI8738 chip), they said it doesn't output 32kHz at all. I found that strange.

Make

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Make:

While you're at it, could you check 32kHz as well? When I contacted M-Audio about the DiO 2448 (uses CMI8738 chip), they said it doesn't output 32kHz at all. I found that strange.
Sorry, no 32kHz output. The mixer panel has options for 48kHz and 44,1kHz.

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
He typed 'beta' not final ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by xcel:
Hi Tony:

___I have searched about all the PC tech, performance, and Windows 2000 sites I care to in the last hour looking for SP2 final. Did you say TechNet (Microsoft’s own Windows Developer support site) has it somewhere? I did not readily see it posted on their site either?

Pivot: Sorry for moving this discussion OT.

___Thanks

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not completely shure if this driver is non-beta, since it seems that with more than 2 channel sound, I'm only getting the rear channels through to the amplifier. With eg. Citizen Kane (which is in mono), I get fine sound, but with eg. Anna and the King, which is 5.1 channel, all I hear is the background music. Strange...

------------------

-Torgeir

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.