AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up a used LCD 17" TV for about $350 and it didn't have a remote or A/C Adapter with it (the company tested it in front of me with another one though, so I know it works). I've gone to Samsungparts.com and they want $67 for the AC Adapter and $50 for the remote, I think thats rediculus, so hopefully I'll be able to find at least the adapter somewhere else (I have a couple extra universal remotes).

The adapter has this model number:

BN44-00063A

I've tried my universal adapter but it has a weired input, its round with a pin inside the adapter, unlike how normally I see the pin inside the component itself. I'm not sure how else to describe it, if you'd like a picture I can take one if that would help.

Its 14V also. I don't think Best Buy would have something like this, anywhere online I can goto or local stores that might have something like this. I'm kind of at a loss at where to look for one of these, I thought my univeral adapter would fit but I guess not!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could using a 13.5v of 15v adapter from Radio Shack since they don't carry a 14v do damage to it, or is there some kind of internal regulator that will control that? I'm not too sure on these things so I thought I'd ask first!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on...somebody has to have had to pick up a A/C Adapter somewhere for an LCD or anything else around their house....I know I'm not the only one who's ever lost an A/C Adapter (or in this case bought an item without one)

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
The Samsung switching power supply is rated at AC 90-264volts at 3.5amps. The TV draws 58 Watts so 2+ amps are needed (at the very least).

*** Not responsible for any damage including fire or loss of life that might occur from use of a non-Samsung-specifed power supply. Try at your own risk including complete loss of monitor.***

Here goes:

1. Go down to a local "DIY-type" computer store and ask about laptop computer power supplies that would meet the rating (bring the monitor to see if the plugs will fit).

2. Try a Google searach on "laptop power supplies". You may run across a "Targus" universal-type AC adapter (PA179U) -- it can be bought at Best Buy.

If you find a switching power supply that works you still might still think the price is ridiculous. ($40 - $70+).

Personally, I'd buy the Samsung power supply.

Good luck,

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.