AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Toshiba 65HD80 ISF calibrated over a month ago.

The picture came out better than ever, but recently I noticed

fine lines going across the screen horizontally.

They are only noticeable only on light solid background scenes(white, light yellow light green etc..etc) like the solid sky or solid objects, it looks more like fine grain of wood but the lines are perfectly straight across.

It happens on all the shows DVD and over the air.

I have monster component connections on both HD inputs.

I really happy with the picture but my eye now goes to the lines.

Does anybody know what causes this and how can I get rid of it.

The guy that did the calibration is not sure what it is yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Tommy

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can't tell you what causes it but I seem to have them too. They were there OOB. I've been debating if I should log a service call. I also saw someone on another forum complain about this.

I have a Panasonic 56WX42. The lines I see are faint horizontal lines, more visible in the corners. They are moving/flickering. They affect vertical images such as text but as you say, the best way to see them is with a solid, light image on the screen.

I checked the units at the store I got mine at. They also have these lines. The 47, 53 and 56 inch models are basically the same internally. Interestingly the lines are more pronounced as you move up in size.

I also happened to check a friends 65" Mitsubishi. Yep, he's got em too. Not as bad as mine but they're there.

Anyone else out there want to take a close look at your screen and check for this? Maybe all HD-RPTVs do this to some extent.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joeracerx

Very interesting,

the sets you mention are the lines moving/flickering,

Because mine don't flicker or move they just there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get a faint line that always seems to be the same horizontal line as an actors eyes. I also see a faint bar that travels slowly up the screen. I have progressive scan input signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have these lines running slowly up my screen (mits ws55511)on light backgrounds.starting to piss me off! I keep following with my eyes! I've changed cables ,had monster hooked up,didnt make a difference.Turned off all lights & appliances in house thinking it was a ground problem,still there!!!! Can anybody help please >????????

·
Registered
234 Posts
tchills:

Yes, the lines I've seen are flickering on all the sets I've looked at. The best way to see them is to put the TV in 4X3 mode and look at the grey bars generated on the sides. In the middle of the bar everything is a nice even grey. As you move toward the top or bottom these faint darker horizontal lines are visible. They flicker in and out of existance. If you get more then a few feet away they a hard to see.

This sounds different from what you and the others on this topic are talking about.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have also seen the horizontal line moving vertically to the top of my screen, If you look at this thread at 2/3 the way down, our local FOX/CBS guy gave some pretty good reason why this is occuring. (WTEV-JD is his name)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...32#post1517432

on my Toshiba 57HDX82 I do see this very thin horizontal lines that are static on my screen as you described, I am not sure what that is but I think I am just trying to look too hard and notice flaws instead of just enjoying the picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.