AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about four years ago I had a Direct TV dish professionally installed. ! -1/2 years ago, using the same mounting post I replaced the dish with a 3 lnb, hi def dish. Recently I have had problems with certain normal Direct TV channels - (the local channels, plus hbo) All the hi def channels (HBO, Showtime, HDTV come in fine. What's the best way to insure that my dish is optimally pointed? If I use the location feature on my box (Sony HD 200) I can tell that the tilt and elevation settings are correct - but what is the best way to fine tune this? On LNB A - transponder 2 comes in at about 60 - shouldn't this be higher? Are there certain transponders I should optimize around? Some transponders come in at 60, some at 93 - on the same satellite - A.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a similar problem. I finally resolved it by pointing a second dish at the 119 sat and leaving the oval dish for the other two. You can buy s used dish for about $5-10. I then ran the cable from the 2nd dish back to the mulitswitch and have had 90's on all 3 sats since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.