1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
How is it?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I had actually heard last week that the demo was coming this wensday but then I read an article yesterday that said the demo would be out next week. Maybe it was just a late article.

Downloading now but its taking forever.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It is a WWII FPS so I have no doubt people will call it a Call of Duty rip off. Whether it will be as good as COD or worse is not known just yet. I have seen video to lead me to think it could go either way (some looked really cool and some looked pretty cheesy). You will have the opportunity to play as 3 separate soldiers. Each has his particular area of skill (kind of like the outfit in a way since you can pick any one of the characters for any mission supposedly. You then take your character of choice and complete a COD or MOH like mission. Some missions will be more suited to a particularly character then others. I think the 3 guys are 1) one stealth guy 2) one sniper 3) one demolitions expert. It's been a while since I heard all the details.

Some of the video looked nice though with COD kind of flavor but destructible environments and bodies of enemies being flinged away from their tanks when you blow them up. Not sure graphic whores will find it that impressive though. I really don't look for all the tearing and such so unless its really obvious it can look fine to me but others may hate it. I guess I will see for myself if this thing ever gets done downloading.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i was looking before i left for work but did not see will check in the morning let us know how it is if anyone trys it out

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
I wonder when we'll get more "Alternate History" WW2 titles........those I wouldn't mind playing. And besides, isn't it time we got some Korean and more Viet Nam FPS's??

Hell I'm still waiting on a decent followup to Viet Cong (FPS) and Navy Seals (3rd Person Team Based Tactical Action game).

·
Registered
484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

And besides, isn't it time we got some Korean and more Viet Nam FPS's??

Hell I'm still waiting on a decent followup to Viet Cong (FPS) and Navy Seals (3rd Person Team Based Tactical Action game).

+1

Vietcong kicks ass

still the best Vietnam shooter.

·
Registered
16,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsnkman /forum/post/0

im trying to download now and it flys to 99% and then just sits there. Ive tried 2x now...must be a glitch

Same thing here , mine gets to 97% and then hangs .

--- Jason

·
Registered
16,917 Posts
COD rip-off all the way and not nearly as good (although I do like the sprint feature) .

--- Jason

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.