AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the FIOS Motorola DVR. I had been running component from the cable box to one input on my Pioneer 500M then HDMI from the box to my Pioneer reciever. Simple to choose if I wanted just the TV and speakers on or the home theater system by switching input on the TV. Recently the component quit outputing to the display. Verizon replaced the box and it worked fine for a couple weeks then no component feed again.

I am looking at a Monoprice manual switch 2786 or their powered splitter 5418and just use the HDMI cable. My wife hates the theater system and prefers the speakers on the panel.

Any issues with a manual switch vs a powered splitter? Cables are only 6 ft so I don't think and amplifier would be necessary.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalrat2 /forum/post/18301180

I have the FIOS Motorola DVR. I had been running component from the cable box to one input on my Pioneer 500M then HDMI from the box to my Pioneer reciever. Simple to choose if I wanted just the TV and speakers on or the home theater system by switching input on the TV. Recently the component quit outputing to the display. Verizon replaced the box and it worked fine for a couple weeks then no component feed again.

I am looking at a Monoprice manual switch 2786 or their powered splitter 5418and just use the HDMI cable. My wife hates the theater system and prefers the speakers on the panel.

Any issues with a manual switch vs a powered splitter? Cables are only 6 ft so I don't think and amplifier would be necessary.

I have several of the 2786 switches in my system and they are very reliable. You can use them for 2X1 or 1X2, they work both ways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts