AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I get no video from Fire TV when I turn on my TV and receiver. Fire TV itself appear to be on but no video signal from Fire TV. No matter what button I press on Fire TV remote, it remains with no video.

The problem goes away if I unplug HDMI cable between Fire TV and AV receiver and plug it back. And of course, if I recycle power by unplug power of Fire TV, it also works but takes more time since it has to boot up.

I don't know what makes this happen exactly but this happened more frequently when I left Fire TV untouched long time (like a day or two). I couldn't reproduce the problem just waiting 30+ mins for it to go sleep.

Does anyone know why this would happen and is there anything I can try for fixing this issue?

I plan to buy new HDMI cables to see if that fixes, but honestly I have little hope that would fix the issue.

Extra info:
I am not sure if this info is useful at all, but ...

AV receiver is Yamaha RX-A830
TV is LG 60" Plasma (60PG60)

HDMI-CEC works in a way that I can use Yamaha's remote to control Fire TV, but LG's Simplink doesn't appear to be working.

Fire TV has not been rooted at all but it has Kodi sideloaded.

·
Registered
22,501 Posts
Try turning off the LG CEC control.

Sounds like a handshake failure. Try switching the Yamaha to a different HDMI input then back again. If that doesn't do it, try the same on the TV.

BTW you should be able to reboot the FireTV by holding down the enter and play buttons together for about 10 sec.

You don't say whether you do get audio or not. If you do, the finger points to the TV. You also didn't say but I assume the FireTV is connected direct to the Yamaha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts