AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Firestick (2020 release) connected to an HDMI port on a Marantz NR1510 AVR. This Firestick has "Advanced Audio" settings for "Volume Leveler" and "Dialogue Enhancer" on it's "Display & Sounds" page. I prefer to always have both of those settings to ON.

When the AVR is turned OFF & back ON, I always find the two Advanced Audio settings have been reset to OFF.
I have experimented with different HDMI input ports, Firestick cables, and Firestick power adapters always with the same result.

If I restart the Firestick or manually cycle it's power, the Advanced Audio settings always retain their prior ON state.
It's only when the AVR power is cycled that the Firestick changes the two settings to OFF.

I'm completely baffled by this. I didn't even think it possible that an external device like the AVR could change internal Firestick settings and only those two specific Advanced Audio settings. I'd appreciate any ideas or comments about this. Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,921 Posts
I read a similar complaint but it was whenever he rebooted the 2020 Firestick, it turns these options off. There was no resolution posted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Mike. My Firestick doesn't have a problem with a reboot or power cycle, only cycling AVR power resets those options. Unlikely to be a fix for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts