AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for almost a year, and now signed in.

Big help needed , cant make up my mind.

$1000 to spend on reciever and speakers.

Pioneer vsx 21, vsx 23

RC -160- 180

What reiceiver would you get for room ~ 300 sq/ ft , music and movies !!

Multi channel for music outside and movies inside ?

Free standing speakers are what I would like.

I have research myself to brain damage and back to square 1 !!

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That is a pretty tight budget for getting speakers and one of the AVR's you have listed above. If you can increase that even to 1500, your options become much better.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
For a room that size the Onkyo RC160 would do. Then spend the rest on speakers. You may also want to consider the Denon 590/1610, its an excellent AVR which can be had for a very good price and it comes with Audyssey Multi-EQ. With the Denon 590 that would leave you with about $650 for speakers. Polk Monitors at the Polk Ebay Store can get you some good speakers.

·
Registered
30,174 Posts
I agree -- with that budget, you shouldn't even be considering a receiver that will take up more than 50% of the money! Especially if you want floorstanding speakers!

Spend no more than $400 on the receiver. I think a good budget breakdown would be:

$400 on receiver (Denon 1910, Pio 1019, Onkyo 607 / RC-160)

$200 on subwoofer (BIC H-100 off ebay)

$400 on speakers

Just a note -- while people on this forum like to bust budgets, you CAN get very satisfying results on a budget especially if you are willing to buy used or shop for bargain close-outs

·
Registered
872 Posts
Take a look at the Infinity Primus P362, Jamo, etc. Go listen to some with your own music if music is a priority for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.