AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Projector Newbie Here: I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question so, please excuse me if it is in the wrong place.

My screen is going to be 3" down from my ceiling. The HS20 will be in a sofit that is approx. 19' back from the screen. The sofit will be 1' high. So, my projector will be about 11" from the ceiling. Will this present any issues? Am I going to need lense shift? If so, how can I correct it so that I don't.

Thanks,

Frank T. Lee

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The HS20 wants to be more even with the top of the screen, but it's not necessary. I comes with a vertical "keystoning" feature that will allow you to square the image. If you don't get the height exact, just keystone it square. It's very easy and does not compromise the quality of the image.

Some people can see a very slight improvement if you don't keystone at all. The change is very minimal. If you REALLY don't want this -- and are willing to rearrange your setup to get this perfection, you will need to lower your screen a few inches (maybe as much as a foot). Not sure what the exact measurement is. The manual will provide that measurement.

gp

·
Registered
230 Posts
Keystoning DOES affect the HS20's contrast ratio... it may not be dramatic to you, but I am quite certain there is a consequence to keystoning the image. If you can't avoid it, don't worry about it; but if you can mount the projector without keystone adjustments, that's what I'd recommend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.