AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custum 120" 4:3 screen frame. Outside dimensions of the frame are 99" wide by 75" high. My projector is a D-ILA G10. I'm very interested in the Firehawk screen material and have been trying to figure out how much material I would exactly need for my screen.

I would most likely be ordering the grommeted version of the Firehawk since it would be pretty easy to install grommet mounts on my frame (my current screen is stapled to wooden strip which is mounted onto the aluminum frame (the whole frame weighs about 15lbs (25lbs with screen) so its easy to move around). I talked to Stewart and they mentioned that when ordering a 120" 4:3 screen, the projected image is 120". The grommets themselves take up additional space of about 1.5 inches on each side (Stewart screen frames take all this into account).

Edit: I just did a search on the forum and someone mentioned that Stewart will supply the snaps along with screws to attach to a frame if one orders screen material with snaps. Has anyone done this? Maybe snaps would be easier.

I'm wondering how stretchable the Firehawk material is and what size I should order for my frame to have a nice and taut screen. I dont want to oder something bigger than necessary since I would then have to modify my frame. If I order too small it may not stretch enough to fill my frame and once again I'll have to modify the frame. If anyone has any experience mounting Stewart screen material on custom frames your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

-- John

·
Registered
289 Posts
John,

I ordered a Grayhawk, through Jason at AVS, and I purchased only the material with edging. Jason can tell you exactly what you need as far as size and bordering. Keep in mind that the snap version has the snaps facing the front, not the back, of the viewing surface so it may not snap on like you're expecting it to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.