Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really hope I did this right.

Heard about something referred to as "screen burn-in", and decided to attempt to burn in my new Firehawk.

Was quite excited to begin, so didn't bother searching the forum for instructions/recommendations/techniques, just decided to wing it.

This process really did a lot for the edges of the picture, they display quite beautifully. The center of the picture has an 'airiness' to it, the picture almost seems to float right through the screen.

Will email detailed instructions upon request.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Haven't I seen this screen before? Did you borrow it from Q?

Okay, now I get it! You really work for Stewart Filmscreen and you want to show off the new FIREhawk II screen, right? ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
JetLag,

Did you have to apply any kind of special Contact cleaner of some sort? I hear that can make a world of difference. Something with lots of of alcohol will do. The higher the proof, the cleaner the burn. It seems that that you havent completey gotten rid of the halo effect yet. Might need a little longer burn in time to reach the edges.

Good Luck.

MovieMan

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Careful Jetlag, someone may try to do this without getting instruction from you first and burn their house down as a result...

TM

·
Registered
104 Posts
What really made the difference in my HT is the projector lenses "burn-in". It appears that the minolta lenses on the Marantz projector have some distortion (you actually need a burned-in firehawk to notice that). You need to burn-in the lenses by projecting a very bright picture (don't forget to use high bright on mode), for 5 hours. This also help the flickering...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Jetlag, I forgot to mention that when you do screen burn-in, that you have to make sure that the bulb is set to "low". I hope it's not too late...

DM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.