AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5584 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Great idea joerod. I will pass this on to the other threads.

Sorry..forgot. Is the 905 the only offical rev release?

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
Joe,

Thanks again for all your help for us all
! I do not know where you find the time.

Bill

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Joerod,

Would it help if they inserted information in the Title the same way "Firmware-905-rev#xxxxxxx" Would this help to sort?

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would help if the title said the Model number and firmware version they have then I know which to send. No serial numbers needed. Then in the message just their email address... And maybe 1 or 2 questions at the most.
Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/13511224

No serial numbers needed.

Sorry, edited my post.

·
Registered
Sony 5000 ES PJ, Lumagen 4242, Anthem MRX 1120, Apple TV 4K, Oppo 203
266 Posts
Thanks Joerod, you're quite generous with your time.

Does anyone know if the FW/DSP upgrade for the 905 is applicable to the 885 PrePro cousin as well?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Noy trying to beat a dead horse here, but tried a XA2, Panny BD 30, and a 5 year old Toshiba DVD player ALL using optical 1 and I get swat...Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCheese /forum/post/13511643

Noy trying to beat a dead horse here, but tried a XA2, Panny BD 30, and a 5 year old Toshiba DVD player ALL using optical 1 and I get swat...Any ideas?

Probably best to use a very plain and older CD only player with optical output.

And make sure you read the posts where people were pushing the wrong button!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjay /forum/post/13511765

anyone try the update with an Oppo 981HD?

Close.... I used the 983 which worked perfectly. Suggest you play an audio cd first which gets the player and receiver into PCM mode instead of bitstream.

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 605, 705 and 805 do not have to be at firmware version 1.05 to have the DSP updated. I have already updated my 805 without issues...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjay /forum/post/13511765

anyone try the update with an Oppo 981HD?

I read somewhere in the maze of posts since yesterday that one user properly updated from an Oppo player by putting "raw" as his output.

Audio Setup page

Digital Output => RAW

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleb /forum/post/13511559

Thanks Joerod, you're quite generous with your time.

Does anyone know if the FW/DSP upgrade for the 905 is applicable to the 885 PrePro cousin as well?

I don't think it works but I'd like to know as well. I think we can use the 875 to update our 885's but not the 905 update. That doesn't make much sense to me because the 905 looks like it's a closer match than the 875 is. If you look at the 1.05 update that we used on the 885 there's a folder you have to go into called SR875.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCheese /forum/post/13511643

I updated my 885 using the BD30. I don't know if you have to do this but I changed my DTS setting from bitstream to pcm. Give that a try and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone who has successfully done the DSP update please state what model number/brand you used... This wil help many out...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Have sr805 updated to new dsp and I used the Pan bd30.

1 - 20 of 5584 Posts