5541 - 5560 of 5584 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiKoiN /forum/post/21795660

Dear all

Im Verry happy with my 805.

But a few pages back i read that it wass possible to do full3d passtrough with an 805.

Its not working.

I have an ps3 connected with a hdmi high speed cable to te onkyo and then to my tv.

What do i need to make killzone 3d work ?

When i switch the lever from to 3d in game the receiver looses hdmi light and the screen goes black from the tv.

When i connect te tv directly t works. Anny suggestions.

One option would be to get a matrix switcher/splitter from Monoprice. It'll allow you the best of both worlds: (a) to bypass the 805's HDMI repeater for video while (b) also allowing it to process audio only (including hi-rez audio). If you do go that route, just make sure you get the model that specifies it's HDMI 1.4/3D-capable.

I chose a while back to bypass the 805s HDMI video inputs for the simple reason that, contrary to what many believe, its video pass-thru is not 100% untouched--there is a slight but noticeable degradation in quality. (I found that the larger the screen--mine are 60" and 106"--the more noticeable it becomes vis-a-vis external switching.)

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBlak /forum/post/21796442

One option would be to get a matrix switcher/splitter from Monoprice. It'll allow you the best of both worlds: (a) to bypass the 805's HDMI repeater for video while (b) also allowing it to process audio only (including hi-rez audio). If you do go that route, just make sure you get the model that specifies it's HDMI 1.4/3D-capable.

I chose a while back to bypass the 805s HDMI video inputs for the simple reason that, contrary to what many believe, its video pass-thru is not 100% untouched--there is a slight but noticeable degradation in quality. (I found that the larger the screen--mine are 60" and 106"--the more noticeable it becomes vis-a-vis external switching.)

I have bought also a splitter but is not working. Then the only solution would be buy and 616 then or 809 or wait for 818 ?

Damn i hoped that i could cheat it in the firmware some how i love the 805 its a beast on power and on my budget i only cn get the new 800 series but on power its always a downgrade right ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to thank you all for this fantastic forum. Thanks to it I managed to upgrade my TX-SR805, American version bought in 2007 from 1.04/1.00 to 1.08/1.01 (HDMI 1.02). It is assembled in Japan and had Mainupdate=1.00. So I had to build a dongle, based on Alikob findings and Jason suggestion (to use a wire). In fact, I used connectors that resemble needles, but with square form instead of round form, which made them to fit just right together with the metal plates of the connector. With a magnifying glass I made sure that every connector fitted right into the proper metal contact. I also used adhesive tape between connectors (at the outer part) in order to avoid any undue contact. It worked nicely. The troublesome part was to make my com1 port to work. It took me sometime to realize that I had to uninstall MS ActiveSync in order to release the com1 port. Here follows some pictures of the dongle (Thanks Seggers for the files.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey folks.

I might be one of the last folks on this planet that wants to upgrade his 805.

I have had this new since day one, and I have the same complaints: Switching format delay.

(... well, and no Onkyo video overlay [ like vol, etc.] in HDMI, but that is what it is.)

Now, I have to say that this 805 has been a real beast. I live in the US, and this has been down to Brazil with me for a few years, and then back again to the USA. Moved across the USA as well.

Since this does DTS-HD, linked with my 40TB XBMC system, a 65" screen, some Maggies and a nice sub, I see no reason to retire this anytime soon.

FYI: Current versions before starting: My Firmware is 1.04 , My loader is 1.00

SO: I've PM'ed Jason for a dongle, and I'm downloading software from Tspeer's signature.

Any other suggestions or tips that will make this easier, I would be glad to hear it.

Send a PM, or reply on this thread.

T H A N K S !!

v.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomm3m  /t/1013565/firmware-update-requests-for-onkyo-integra-please-read/5520#post_22048162

I'd like to thank you all for this fantastic forum. Thanks to it I managed to upgrade my TX-SR805, American version bought in 2007 from 1.04/1.00 to 1.08/1.01 (HDMI 1.02). It is assembled in Japan and had Mainupdate=1.00. So I had to build a dongle, based on Alikob findings and Jason suggestion (to use a wire). In fact, I used connectors that resemble needles, but with square form instead of round form, which made them to fit just right together with the metal plates of the connector. With a magnifying glass I made sure that every connector fitted right into the proper metal contact. I also used adhesive tape between connectors (at the outer part) in order to avoid any undue contact. It worked nicely. The troublesome part was to make my com1 port to work. It took me sometime to realize that I had to uninstall MS ActiveSync in order to release the com1 port. Here follows some pictures of the dongle (Thanks Seggers for the files.)

Since AVS decided to stop sending me updates for a while, I've been away. But I must say, that is one heck of dongle! Well done

What the heck, there isn't a thumb up emoticon anymore??

Reactions: zebraitis

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraitis  /t/1013565/firmware-update-requests-for-onkyo-integra-please-read/5520#post_22105708

Hey folks.

I might be one of the last folks on this planet that wants to upgrade his 805...

v.

All,

First, a word of thanks to Jason for providing the use of his 805 Dongle.

I was one of those early adopters that had loader v1.00, so the dongle was an absolute necessity for me to proceed with my upgrade.

AND... considering this is Jason's last dongle, I am glad that I did not procrastinate further. (Hopefully you will get the chance to use it as well.)

Here are some notes from my upgrade for those of you considering doing the same.

(I will say "805" as my Onkyo is an "AV Receiver TX-SR805" (US Model), but this would apply to most XX5's)

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Figure out what steps you need to take. To do that, figure out which firmware is loaded on your system.

How do I know which firmware I have?

1) Turn on Receiver

2) HOLD down the "Display" button and press "Standby" button once.

3) Release the "Display" button. (this will show your loader verion)

4) Press the keys (on front panel below [level] [tone] ) to cycle forward and backward through all the firmware display pages.

You may have to do this a few times to figure out the time-out of the deisplayed info.

OK... Ready to start?

First: Allow a full day. You need to disconnect the 805 from everything, move it to your workspace, and then make sure that you have all the other "stuff" that is required for a complete upgrade. Once done, you need to reconnect everything, reconfigure the settings, and run Audyssey.

In my case, my equipment was not in the same room as the TV / speakers, so I had to take it down from a small 5-foot-high shelf to do the work.

Starting from scratch as most of us do, this is an easy full day, especially if you have to troubleshoot something (like I did).

Second: What "stuff" ?

* You will need 1) a PC with a serial port and 2) a serial cable (ALTERNATE: a USB-to-serial-port adapter) that can do com port 1, 2, 3 or 4.

* You need to have 3) a CD/DVD player that can play an audio CD, that has an optical out.

* you will need to 4) burn an audio CD (NOT a data CD!!!). (According to the tech notes, this Audio CD is to be made NOT using iTunes or MS Media Player. I loaded MediaMonkey specifically for this task.)

* Oh... and the XX5 ISO file with all the instructions and software. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. SEVERAL TIMES.

Third: OK, I gots my stuff... what do I use when? OK, easy...

Updater 1.00 --> 1.01 ( NOTE: You do NOT need to do this, or get a dongle, if your loader is already at 1.01 or above)

* Dongle

* Serial Cable Com Port (Or USB/COM adapter)

* Simplified Dongle Instructions

* XX5 CD

Updater 1.01 --> 1.08

* RS232 Update Instructions

* XX5 CD

DSP Update

* CD/DVD player with Optical out

* DSP Update Instructions

* "MediaMonkey" to burn an Audio CD

* xx5 CD

* Audio CD (you make) with file burned to it:

CD_SR805123_08214A_07518A_07820B.wav

HDMI Update ---> 1.02

* HDMI Update Doc

* xx5 CD

And in no time at all, you are done... realizing how grateful you are for all the work that has been done by others that has allowed you to get to this point.

For most folks, now begins the task of reconfiguring.

Me? I added an additional step to this process... When I removed my 805, I thought that I had damaged an HDMI v1.4 cable (the one from the 805 to the TV)... so I replaced it with a longer cable. No big deal, right?

When I reconnected everything, while DirecTV and my XBMC connected well, my Blu-ray player DID NOT. HDMI HANDSHAKE PROBLEM !!!

Of course, I questioned my upgrade... read many source info data on the Blu-ray player and the 805... swapped HDMI ports, redid 805 configuration, swapped cables between the Blu-ray player and the 805... nothing.

When I conected the Blu-ray player directly to the TV, it worked FINE...

(... crap... did I mess up my reciever with the upgrade? Awwwwww.....)

This morning, it finally dawned on me that the Blu-ray player is sending signals, the Onkyo 805 is passing through signal, and the TV should be allowing the signal to return to the Blu-ray player...

B A M !!! Problem SOLVED.

The handshake issue for my Blu-ray player was that the HDMI cables did not match versions. Once I took out that longer cable (of questionable version), and installed another Meritline HDMI v1.4 cable in its place (ensuring that both the cable from the Blu-ray player to the 805, and the cable from the 805 to the TV were identical), then the handshake was perfect.

Other than that self-inflicted wound, the upgrade went flawlessly.

Oh yeah... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. SEVERAL TIMES.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have the latest firmware for the Integra DTR 7.8. I think its file: 805_MainFirmware108.zip

All the links i found online are expired... i also needed the DSP update but i believe i already found that one: DSP_UPG_TX_705_-_905.zip

Thanks!

-Tom-

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm probably the last guy in America to perform the Main Firmware update on his 805.

Successfully updated everything in less than an hour once I received the Dongle from Jason.

Updating the Main took about 25 minutes to do its thing from 1.00 to 1.08. The instructions are pretty fool-proof.

As for the DSP update, no CD burning was necessary. I just put my 805 into program mode as per the instructions, connected my Mac Pro's optical out to optical 1 on the 805 and played the .wav file back using QuickTime. 805 took it no problem.

HDMI update was also just a matter of connecting my 805 to a PC via serial cable and running a file. Also quite fool-proof.

Thanks again to Jason for providing the loaner Dongle.

It took longer to hook everything back up and reprogram my 805's settings back from factory default than it did to run the updates. Also, It's amazing how much dust you find when taking everything apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hate to bring this back up, but I've started to get some popping on my 705. I've been researching and ended up here...

I have the following:

TX-SR705

Main 1.06 / 08223A

DSPS8051: 08214A

DSPS8052: 07518A

DSPS8053: 07820B

HDMI 1.01 / 07706A

VD: 3.62 / 07717A

Can I get some advise as to what, if anything, I can update in attempts to fix the pop? I have a 1.02 HDMI update, but nothing later than what I have as far as Main or DSP.

Thanks,

CD

·
Registered
853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesdill  /t/1013565/firmware-update-requests-for-onkyo-integra-please-read/5520#post_23124487

Hate to bring this back up, but I've started to get some popping on my 705. I've been researching and ended up here...

I have the following:

TX-SR705

Main 1.06 / 08223A

DSPS8051: 08214A

DSPS8052: 07518A

DSPS8053: 07820B

HDMI 1.01 / 07706A

VD: 3.62 / 07717A

Can I get some advise as to what, if anything, I can update in attempts to fix the pop? I have a 1.02 HDMI update, but nothing later than what I have as far as Main or DSP.

Thanks,

CD
What material are you playing/listening to when you get the pops? The DSP update only deals with pops from DTS-MA sources IIRC

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridner  /t/1013565/firmware-update-requests-for-onkyo-integra-please-read/5520#post_19820098

Was able to get 1.04 and 1.05 for the 876/906/9.9 receivers so please disregard my request for the files.

Where did you get the files? I am on 1.00 so I am looking for all fw updates to date.

Onkyo sent me an dsp firmware update disk but no main firmware loader

My 906 has sat for along time and I'd like to put her back in service.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

Thanks again,

Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy,

I'm definitely late to the party...I just bought a new old stock DTR-9.9. Does anyone still have the firmware / dsp upgrade available for this? Please let me know.

Thanks

IG

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello all, my apologies for bumping an old thread, but I am absolutely out of options.

I own 2 or 3 Onkyo receivers, one of which is the TX-SR875. I like this receiver and all but right after I bought it I found the firmware update thread and performed all of the updates up to v 1.08. Everything went smoothly, until the first power outage where I discovered the E2PROM error and the resulting setup loss. After not being able to fix it after several tries I gave up and decided to just live with it... basically I have to setup and recalibrate the receiver every time the power goes out. The "setup store" function also fails.

Fast forward and I am again trying to give it another shot and make that error go away. Through some research I have learned that some people were able to make this go away by reflashing to an older firmware version, perhaps 1.04, 1.05 or 1.06.

I have found 1.08 and 1.07 and tried flashing to each of them to no avail. I updated the DSP to 12116A / 07518A / 07820B last night which went well. (I assume this is the latest / best choice for the DSP firmware? I found it in a thread from about 2011. It didn't change anything however. My HDMI is at 1.02 so I think that is current.

Anyways, I called onkyo support this morning to see if they could help me out and of course they wouldn't barely even listen to me. They flat out said flashing to any revision wouldn't change anything as none of the firmware revisions listed this as either an issue or a fix. They also wouldn't detail what each firmware revision offered what fixes.

I have been searching for a list of what each revision, from 1.04 to current changed or did when it was applied. I can't find it anywhere. I know it is out there somewhere, it's probably just buried in a 200 page thread.

If anyone has this information if they could copy and paste it I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to see how far back I can roll my firmware without running into other problems or issues. If I did roll back to 1.06 or any of the earlier versions, what functionality would I lose?

Also if anyone has any of the older F/W versions for the 875 aside from 1.08 and 1.07 if you could post them I would be in your debt.

For those that need I have the latest DSP, HDMI and 1.07 / 1.08 firmwares if you want.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah the days of the Onkyo jig FW update. I never had an issue with my 805 not holding setup information after doing the jig update.

Sorry I don't think I have access to any of the older FW files. At this point if it's an issue it might be time to retire the unit.

Audyssey XT32 is a worthy upgrade.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

I never had to use the dongle or jig at least, so I have that going for me. I just bought a new usb to serial cable, worked great.

I am considering retiring the unit in a sense, in this case retiring it is moving it to my rec room where it will still be used fairly regularly but not is my HT room as my main receiver. I will shortly be building a new dedicated theater room in the basement of the house we just moved into so it will include a new battery of equipment with that.

So I am going to continue on my search for the older revisions of the firmware. I appreciate you stopping by even if you didn't have them on you. You by chance don't know what each revision fixed or changed do you? That's what I really need, to know what I am trading out in order to not have this e2prom error if I roll back to an old F/W.

What's Audissey XT32? a new AVR?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wondering if this is the right place to be looking for the firmware update for an Integra DTR 8.8 that has never been updated? Is there also a guide showing how to do it? Thanks for any info.

5541 - 5560 of 5584 Posts