AVS Forum banner

5561 - 5580 of 5584 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Time to bring some life to this old thread again.
I just updated my 805 main firmware from 1.06 to 1.08.

I downloaded the iso xx5. Everything went well but now i get the E2PROM error.

Tried to search for solutions but nothing works.

Maybe someone still have the old firmwares so i can try downgrading? =)

Please send me a PM if you have or if you think you know a solution.

Thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Daniel,

Can you tell me where to download that xx5 ISO? I can only find dead rapidshare links.

I have a TX-SR875 and i need to upgrade with a JIG but i can't find the flash software or the
1.04 firmware what i supposed to flash.

Regards,
Johan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Onkyo MMPU Setting

Hello
After a failed firmware update, my TX-NR807 display show
MMPU Setting
and is totally unresponsive to any actions and buttons.
It is in fact "Bricked".
I have found that there is a jtag interface available and hope there are someone out there able to help me with necessary info and bin-files for me to be able to fix the problem.

The very best regards
Ketil Tuft
Norway

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got any more of them dongles?

Do you still have any of those dongles. I got a used gem integra 7.8 with updater 1.0. have my usb to serial, but no dongle. I'm not sure I can trust myself with the circuitry.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Do you still have any of those dongles. I got a used gem integra 7.8 with updater 1.0. have my usb to serial, but no dongle. I'm not sure I can trust myself with the circuitry.
If you're talking about the same dongles that were used for updating 805's, I think I have the last one remaining in existence :)

The details on the Deposit system are here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...kyo-integra-please-read-185.html#post21420908

If you're interested, PM me, but know it is going to be about a week before I could send it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rented one from Jasonvr about 7 years ago and the whole process was very easy. My 805 still works but sadly has been replaced with a 777.
I'd start with PMing him.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I’m currently traveling but I might still have a dongle around. I’ll be home tomorrow and can check

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone know where I can rent a jig for update of an older v 1.00 loader 805?

Thanks
I have the jig for the TXSR705; if jasonvr says it'll work on the 805 (I have the dongle), just PM me an address and I'll drop it in an envelope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
I do indeed still have the one remaining dongle that I was circulating, complete with the DSP update CD and the CD with the firmware update instructions and executables on it. From what I can tell, Grimdeath's jig will also work. See the attached instructions

Let us know how you want to proceed.

In the past I handled the dongles under a deposit system:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-r...kyo-integra-please-read-185.html#post21420908

Costs are probably out of date on the postage, but probably close enough

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
805 Update

Grim and Jason,

I so appreciate your help! Having a hard time finding the flash files for the update (file links are dead), Jason if you could send me the info for PayPal I would gladly pay you.

Grim, don’t want to minimize your help either!!!

Your both awesome!

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
805 Update

This makes my second TX-SR805 unit, my first died from bad HDMI board and I found a replacement 805 but with older firmware... hopefully will be good to go after DTS bomb fix...

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do indeed still have the one remaining dongle that I was circulating, complete with the DSP update CD and the CD with the firmware update instructions and executables on it. From what I can tell, Grimdeath's jig will also work. See the attached instructions

Let us know how you want to proceed.

In the past I handled the dongles under a deposit system:
Firmware/Update Requests For Onkyo/Integra-Please Read

Costs are probably out of date on the postage, but probably close enough
Any chance I can still get the flash writer jig? I still have a tx Sr 805 that works and sounds great, but my 805 only has the 1.00 updater.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used to have a link in my sig to an ISO I made with the 805/875 firmware and software to update it. Looks like the forum has had a makeover and the sigs are all gone. If anyone needs that ISO, I still have it and can host it: http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/xx5_Onkyo_UpdatesISO.zip LOL, my own malwarebytes browser guard blocks it, likely because I have never bothered to install a cert and enable https. It's safe.

I barely remember how to do it. If your main updater version was v1.01 or later, no jig was needed just the resistor thing. Schematics for that are included. A document with all of the directions is included. You will also need a usb to serial adapter, these are cheap and easy to find on Amazon for less than $10.

If there is anything newer earlier in the thread, disregard. Just came across an old saved shortcut so thought I would pop-in. I made a jig (maybe 2?) with some donations from forum members, and shipped it off to someone ages ago. The idea was to just keep passing it on to others as needed. Whatever happened to it? lol I think I sent out a few of the little resistor things as well for people on main updater 1.01 or later in which case the jig wasn't needed.

As for my 875, still using it. I have a 4k tv, just have that directly connected to the Xbox X, and use optical out to the Onkyo. When I got this receiver, I also got a cooling fan mount that sits on top and comes on when the 875 is powered on. Hopefully it has helped extend the life.

Edit: Fixed my sig, and it now has a working link to the firmware.

5561 - 5580 of 5584 Posts