AVS Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2569 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Anyone compare the network speed vs. one of the players with built-in ethernet? I'm interested in timed results from cat or dd running on the NMT based players. You can use a watch to time the copy if needed - I just need a ballpark figure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone. I have just bought the device, upgraded it to the latest firmware and I have this problem: There is a delay in showing the subtitles during .mkv and .avi files play. Is there a solution or is it a bug?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have got strange problems and couldn't find a solution so decided to ask here. I made a stable WiFi connection with WPA but during playing movies there is no option to forward rewind open the otions - these things simply do not work. It is with ext3-boot and also with WDLXTV. When I put original firmware everything works ok.

The second problem is if this situation is normal that I have always got the same password for telnet after flashing new firmware no matter what unofficial firmware I used.

Third question is how to use new OSD with WDLXTV. I cannot mount OSD manually. (i.e.during booting no info about IP)

# mount -o loop -t auto $i /tmp/mnt/osd

mount: can't find /tmp/mnt/osd in /etc/fstab

I read that it should be done by crazymount but in my case it does not work.

# mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

/dev/mtdblock3 on / type cramfs (ro)

none on /proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)

usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)

none on /etc/mdev.conf type tmpfs (rw)

mdev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)

/dev/sda2 on /tmp/mnt/sda2 type vfat (rw,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharse t=iso8859-1)

/dev/loop0 on /tmp/mnt/core-extras type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/sda1 type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop1 on /tmp/mnt/apps/UPnP-djmount type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop2 on /tmp/mnt/apps/dropbear-ssh type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop3 on /tmp/mnt/apps/log-saver type cramfs (ro)

/dev/loop4 on /tmp/mnt/opt type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)

/dev/loop4 on /tmp/mnt/opt type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)

/dev/loop5 on /tmp/mnt/apps/samba type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop6 on /tmp/mnt/osd type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop6 on /osd type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/loop7 on /tmp/mnt/apps/wireless-mod type cramfs (ro)

none on /osd/image/welcome_background_bg.jpg type tmpfs (rw)

none on /osd/image/screen_saver.png type tmpfs (rw)

none on /osd/setup_about.xml type tmpfs (rw)

/dev/loop5 on /etc/samba type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/sda1 on /tmp/media/usb/USB2/d31a6d6f-0491-4dfd-b8a9-ac8eb6bbc251 type ext2 (rw,nogrpid)

/dev/sda2 on /tmp/media/usb/USB2/3EA2-F4B1 type vfat (rw,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharse t=iso8859-1)

none on /osd/ip.xml type tmpfs (rw)

none on /osd/setup_about.xml type tmpfs (rw)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm running ext3-boot 0.9.2 and I usually stream from NFS shares on my Windows XP machine. I'm very happy with this (thanks again to all the "alternative FW" developers).

Recently, I've been trying to stream videos from Hulu and Netflix, using the PlayOn UPnP server (installed on my Windows PC). This works reasonably well for file sizes less than 2GB (except that FF/RW doesn't work), but larger files show up with a .m3u extension, and don't play at all. Smaller files that do play OK have a .mpg extension.

This thread describes the same problem (under slightly different circumstances), with the last poster implying it's a djmount problem:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=16298921

This SageTV HD200 thread talks about a similar issue:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40177

Post #4 in that thread suggests that the problem is in the SageTV HD200 and will be fixed soon.

So my question is: Where is the problem in the WD TV? I can stream a .mpg file larger than 2GB from one of my NFS shares, so I know it's not a fundamental issue with the basic firmware. Does that mean it's something wrong in djmount? Any one else see the same problem? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomits /forum/post/16396774

I finally got mine working and didn't have to include any authentication for NFS.

My problem ended up being the windows firewall. Also have you tried adding ,tcp at the end of the WDTV mount?

Switching to TCP from UDP gave me better success. I dumped Hanewin, because I couldn't browse folders, and am using DreamNFS (much nicer piece of software)

I currently have to mount folders using UDP, otherwise they won't mount

When I browse the folders, or open a file it hangs immediately.

Any thoughts?

I think someone had a similar issue with UDP on Vista64x?

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoculture /forum/post/16399619

Joy! Many thanks.

That anidb seems hard than I thought. If I try to get the websites content I get garbage instead of normal html. Come to think of it, it may be compressed. I'll try some more. :- )

EDIT:

Got it working now. Although with some of my tests, Movieweb gives more/better results. See attachments.

Also included a high quality preview mode, since the thumbs from anidb are rather small.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauron2003 /forum/post/16390853

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. You mean - after every shoot you have a black screen?

Yes, if I am playing all files in a folder (ie. press play on 1st file) then before each "clip" (ie. .MTS file) there is a black screen of a few seconds (I haven't timed it, but you get this with all media files anyway I guess whilst it's buffering). It's not enough to be annoying, though I certainly wouldn't want it to be any longer. Neither would I want there to be no gaps, because to me it would look odd if one clip immediately switched to another - besides I intend to edit the video to make joins, cuts, fades, transitions etc. as appropriate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a happy user with my wdtv working fine and with rtorrent installed and running perfectly.

I would like to use my wdtv to take pictures of my acuarius using a usb webcam.

Any of you have tried this before?

Is there in optware any app that could make this?

If so, what brand of webcam?

Thanks a lot for your good work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I'm running the latest WDLXTV firmware. How do I change the background wallpapers? I want to have the default blue, but I now have the blue wooden cabinet wallpapers.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rad.cc /forum/post/16390874

WDTV App pack: Pibos's screen-dump.app.bin-0.1

This is Pibos screen dump files nicely packaged and ready to go as an app.bin pack.

Great, thank you!

Do you think that, in the future, it could be possible to use that framebuffer to display output of homebrew applications in the TV screen?

(That would be, if possible, a huge step that would open a lot of new posibilities for the device).

Pibos in his post said that the framebuffer was misaligned, and need to be aligned to the page size (4096), and thus, normal framebuffer tools wouldn't work.

I wonder if it would be possible to (easily) modify the applications for this framebuffer?

Or maybe an 'easier' approach would be to modify the framebuffer driver itself, or emulate a normal framebuffer on the fly?

Does anything of what I have said make sense?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2k8 /forum/post/16403201

Great, thank you!

Do you think that, in the future, it could be possible to use that framebuffer to display output of homebrew applications in the TV screen?

(That would be, if possible, a huge step that would open a lot of new posibilities for the device).

Pibos in his post said that the framebuffer was misaligned, and need to be aligned to the page size (4096), and thus, normal framebuffer tools wouldn't work.

I wonder if it would be possible to (easily) modify the applications for this framebuffer?

Or maybe an 'easier' approach would be to modify the framebuffer driver itself, or emulate a normal framebuffer on the fly?

Does anything of what I have said make sense?

mike2k8, you don't need to draw to the framebuffer, you can do better using native sigma design api. I tested an ld_preload'ed library that can hook dmaosd's calls to sigma api (RUA initialization, DCC initialization, buffers management, etc) . from there, is a matter of time.

I got little time to spare for this project, so who has the time and knoledge to help is wellcomed.

Is someone interested in contributing to irset and screendump tool?

b-rad.cc, zorander, PM with a private email address and I'll email all the goodies I got regarding em8634 development.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redindian /forum/post/16400179

Also included a high quality preview mode, since the thumbs from anidb are rather small.

I assume you are talking about the List page (which turns up if there are multiple options for the search criteria). The actual Info page has the large/a larger version of the list's thumbnail.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceInc /forum/post/16402389

Hi, I'm running the latest WDLXTV firmware. How do I change the background wallpapers? I want to have the default blue, but I now have the blue wooden cabinet wallpapers.

Thanks

From b-rad.cc himself, "if you have either or both of the following files located on any device attached at boot they will be used instead of the stock graphics:

welcome_background_bg.jpg

screen_saver.png"

I reverted to the "default blue" for a while but then I decided it might look better to me if I did my own wallpaper. I switch backgounds often. I found a picture I took of a sunset over the water in the Florida Keys. I cropped it to the correct size, named it "welcome_background_bg.jpg" and now when I look at the screen it brings back a pleasant memory.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
This might be old to you guys but it was exciting for me so i wanted to share. I decided to mess around with my video files today, i decided that if i mess up one of the movies ill just rerip it and start over.

The program i use (1click dvd copy pro) makes .vob files and it usualy makes 1 movie into 4-5 seperate VOB files. Total 4.7 gigs sometimes smaller.

I thought it would be neat to rename the .vob files that worked and they played fine so then i decided to try and put an image to each chapter as well. That worked also its a little more work but it looks a little nicer.

See my images

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks. That does the trick.

I absolutely agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillL /forum/post/16404876

From b-rad.cc himself, "if you have either or both of the following files located on any device attached at boot they will be used instead of the stock graphics:

I cropped it to the correct size, named it "welcome_background_bg.jpg" and now when I look at the screen it brings back a pleasant memory.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceInc /forum/post/16405501

Thanks. That does the trick.

I absolutely agree with you.

Is there a post with any WD backgrounds that are the correct size?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put the 2 files of "screen_saver.png" and "welcome_background_bg.jpg" from the firmware to USB HDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 /forum/post/16405692

Is there a post with any WD backgrounds that are the correct size?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceInc /forum/post/16405886

I just put the 2 files of "screen_saver.png" and "welcome_background_bg.jpg" from the firmware to USB HDD.

Well i cant even get my unit to update using that WDLXtv version for some reason.

I put the files on a usb drive but i cant find the options in the settings to update it. Its like the option is gone or somthing.

Its been a while since i did the first update using the firmware from the WD site and i only have done one so far so i forgot how i did it i guess or its not seing the new firmware so the option is locked out? i dont get it.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 /forum/post/16406140

Well i cant even get my unit to update using that WDLXtv version for some reason.

I put the files on a usb drive but i cant find the options in the settings to update it. Its like the option is gone or somthing.

Its been a while since i did the first update using the firmware from the WD site and i only have done one so far so i forgot how i did it i guess or its not seing the new firmware so the option is locked out? i dont get it.

Check the version number reported by WDTV and the version number in the files on your key. If they're the same (or your WDTV seems to have a later version), the update option doesn't appear. At least, it didn't for me before I started using Zorander's ext3. YMMV.

1981 - 2000 of 2569 Posts