AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my first build and now when I try to boot it up, I get no image on the screen. All the fans run, the hard drive is moving and the CD-ROM drive is lighting up and it opens and closes. The CPU cooler fan twitches a every couple seconds but goes into rotation but I read somewhere that it is normal with a Gigabyte motherboard. I'm also not getting any beeps or anything. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I had similar symptoms when I hadn't plugged BOTH power feeds in. Most boards now require the big 20/24 pin one with a smaller 4 or 2x4 feed near the CPU.

Marc

·
Registered
453 Posts
Check your video card. Does it require an additional power source (i.e. plugged in at the backside of the card?)

Also, what kind of monitor are you using and video connection.

For example. With my last build, I had to have a vga connection to get my boot screens and then after I had installed the OS it would recognize the dvi output.

Give some info on what you equipment isa, including your monitor and connections and we shall see what the issue is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried plugging into all the feeds but that still didn't work. I have a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H with a AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz Socket. I'm plugging it into an old Dell monitor via VGA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.