AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello all,

I'm a complete novice to this stuff but it has always interested me a little.  My father and I just finished our basement and I now have accumulated quite a few necessary tools and we also have the much needed room.  Upstairs I have a Dennon 1603 receiver/amp and a Bose 5.1 that I've had for right at 10 years.  

After reading a bit it looks like the Statements are a solid set with high recommendations here on the forum.  How do they compare to the Mini Statements?  The main area in our basement is 15" wide by 25 deep with an attached wet bar on the end.  I think I'm only interested in 2 front towers and probably maybe a center channel.  I would mostly be listening to music and an occasional movie.  For a novice are these a fairly strait forward build?  Is there plans floating around that I can copy off of?

http://meniscusaudio.com/mini-statements-pair-p-1342.html

Is this the go to site?

Thanks,

- Destin

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
The statements are a great speaker for music. I wouldn't say they are a easy build though. I haven't built them myself but looked at the plans and they are more involved then most. If you have the right tools and patience you will be fine.

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
I have heard the Statement Monitors and they sound amazing! Very nice sounding and will trump a lot of commercial speakers of the same price range, and even more expensive speakers as well! I would recommend that you consider the full size Statements in that large room, and possibly add an amp as they need some decent power to get reference level SPL in a large room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts