Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by theprophe:
maybe the prices are ebay are going to be under 1700 now with all this supply coming?
Why would people sell for less than what they pay? This was one time deal. The price is back up to 2640.95 from Dell.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seriously doubt prices will fall too much. Dell probably sold 300-500 projectors (lucky if they actually sent out more than 30 so far), probably about 20% of them will be resold. I doubt if 100 projectors is gonna flood the market and lower prices. The LT150 is still worth $2500+. You'd be foolish to set the reserve lower than $2200. Just have to be a little patient.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Registered
599 Posts
only TEN projectors will flood the market on ebay. Do a search for Completed Items for nec (lt150,1t-150). You won't see many showing up.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I doubt this is a Dell one. But I will bet the seller won't make his reserve.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
273 Posts
Actually, ebay sales may actually INCREASE once there is more of a presence and the unit is marketed more effectively as an HT unit. Once a few sales are made, more people start bidding. None of the LT150's I've seen have been effectively marketed. If I obtain extra units and sell them on Ebay, I hope to do considerably more with my ad. The LT150 is competitive with the 10HT which is selling for $4,250 on ebay, and people should know that.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Trouble is, a goodly propertion of those likely to buy an LT150 are also likely to be readers of this forum.

Certainly in the past many of the bidders on Plus UP1100s have been AVS members.

Those who did not get in on the Dell deal will still be unwilling to pay much more than $1700. Especially as other places have the LT150 for $2300 or so.

I just sold my LT85 on eBay for $1500 and was pretty happy to get it, seeing as my changeover to the 150 is only $200 now.

Cheers

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
273 Posts
Time will tell, of course, but I think it may be a bit of a stretch to think that most of the HT projector buyers on ebay also read this forum. Especially given the business presentation purposes of this projector, I'd think there'd be a lot of interest in the 150, and for well-above $1,700. The cheapest I've seen it (except for the Dell blowout which is no longer available) is $2500, and most retailers are still at or above $3,000. If I'd missed out on the Dell deal, I'd still be willing to pay $2,400 for a NIB, factory sealed 150 (and I'd think it was a bargain at that).

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One lucky forum member sold his for $2600 yesterday on ebay...with the "buy now" feature. It was scooped up in a matter of hours...

I just wish I knew if Dell is really gonna honor my order, so I know if I should try to pick one of these other ones up. I wouldn't pay over $2k for it as it would be my second projector.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 07-27-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.