AVS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
only got $750 to spend on the speakers so I need to work with what I got... I would love any recommendations if you think I can do better at that range.

tbh, i think I need speakers with high sensitivity (did I get this right?) that will do well at low volume. At the end of the day I do all my watching from 10PM to 12PM when everyone is sleeping. No wall shaking here. What can i say, those are my needs. I guess they are modest. You'll flip out if you knew what I connected to the HTS to the past few days to do my watching (and even that was loud)...

It would suck to get a really good speaker set that will sound awful if i were to play them at really low volumes.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
How are you at gluing/soldering things together? There are some very well reviewed SEOS speaker kits(search the forum) that will get you great sensitivity/dynamics here www.diysoundgroup.com from our fellow avs member Erich...best bang for the buck as long as your time is free and you have some workspace and finishing skills (if you even need to finish them). Just imagine if a good picture excites everyone what good sound can do....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You are on a mission to suck me in to this as a hobby are you?
All I wanted was a set of speakers LOL.

I looked at the site you provided. Very cool and right up my alley (though with the new house there is a huge queue of DIY projects).

I have very good gluing/soldering skills from my other hobbies. Creating the board is probably more then I want to chew now tough. Not because it is difficult but becuase I am pedant and would want them to look nice and would probably spend hours planning it out before I even powered up my iron. Even if I skip over these now, I am definitely adding it on the TODO list.

so hypothetically speaking

This I am assuming would have been the center channel but it is rated at 6ohm so i guess i need to skip.

So what am I looking at?

The Classix II Speaker kit * 5 (L/C/R + Surround)?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts