AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First off my room size is 14X12X9. I am thinking of going with Panasonic TC-P54G10 for my TV. For my sound thinking of Energy Take classic with BIC H100 sub found on ebay for 399.95. Receiver thinking of pioneer VSX-819HK. I am up for suggestions, but would this setup be good for someone that is looking for a nice home theater without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi dpmode1. Welcome to the forum. A couple of tips for you. When posting things like this, be sure to include your projected budget. The more information that you give, the more quality replies you'll get. All of the gear you mentioned has a pretty loyal following on these forums. I've never heard the energy stuff myself, but many consider them the go to for inexpensive HT speakers. Better than a HTIB I'm sure. On the receiver, I would recommend that you look at the new Denon line and Onkyo as well. Make sure to get something with the latest audio formats and make sure that it meets all of the requirements for whichever speakers that you choose. Let us knwo if you want to share some more info, or if you have more questions.

Good luck!

·
The Village Idiot
9,713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmode1 /forum/post/16963690

The TV is all but a done deal. My plan is to spend no more than $1000 for audio. Have to start small for now. Thanks for the reply PS.

Buying used speakers might be a better idea if you live in or near a large city. Craigs List - want ads - those free little weekly papers - they all have audio gear - you just need to know what is and what is not good. Thats where this forum helps. No matter what the speaker or AVR someone has had experience with it unless its so obscure that its a rare item.

If you don't live near a large city there is always ebay. Lots of deals - and like the want ads - you just need to know what you are looking at.

For an AVR you might want to take a look at what Harman Audio is selling on ebay. The 247 and 254 AVRs sell for cheap. They have the same amp - the 247 is a generation older than the 254 but don't let that bother you - it'll do pretty much everything the 254 does. The 247 goes for $150-200 - the 254 for $220-260.

·
Registered
6 Posts
very interusting, i just bought the pioneer vsx 1019ahk and the panasonic tcp42g15 and i too am looking for speakers to match. i can tell you that i had the yamaha 665 for about a week until i started reading about the pioneer. it is definetly a step up, for one the upconverting/upscaling accualy works from my dvd player and the sound has improved. for the same price i didnt think that it would be that dramatic but im glad i switched. as for the tv, ive been told they dont make the g10 any more so i bought the g15. and its incredible, if you go on cnet for the g10 review they tell you how to set up the thx mode and if thats too dim they list how to get as close as you can to the thx in custom mode if you need it a little brighter. but honestly i can give up a little brightness for a more pure picure. my room has 2 windows and glass french doors that let in plenty of light and i have no problem with glare or being to dim. im personally looking towards digital design for my 5.1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts