AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finished up my basic setup for my HT... keep in mind im only 19 and ive really had to bargain hunt to find everything... regardless here is my setup

Samsung 5044

Samsung HD860 upconverting DVD

Yamaha HTR 5950

JBL SCS300 7.1 (using the center channel and sub right now only)

Rti8 (mains)

Xbox360

Ended up getting RTI8's for a really good deal... My jbl speakers will be going back under Futureshop extended warranty and im going to see if i can snaggle a center channel and possibley a sub for the exchange... if not ill settle for a HTIB by polk for now.

anyways let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Draganta,

Its not uncommon to get a few hundred or even a thousand views without comment here don't sweat it.

For 19 that is a pretty amazing set up IMO. I hope you didn't max out your credit cards there is no way I could have afforded a set up like that when I was 19 but I also don't buy unless I can pay cash (just me...crazy I know).

Is that your house, parents basement or are you renting a basement suite? Just curious if your upstairs "neighbours" are as fond of all your new toys as you are

Looks good either way enjoy it.

Cheers

Calvin

·
Registered
398 Posts
comment.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Dude, you're 19. Get out of the house.

I don't even remember watching TV when I was 19.

The years between 16 - 25 were mostly spent boozing and getting laid*.

*although I did play the occasional video game out at the bar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol it is my own house... i run a fairly successful online business as well as work at futureshop part time (very good discounts)... the entire setup honestly costed me around 2800 before tax and besides my mortgage i dont have a penny of debt under my name.

and i definatly am i bar star though its nice to bring the girls home and show them a fairly nice setup (plus the house parties are that much more fun)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Wow, Real estate must be still affordable in Winnipeg if you own a house at 19 (either that or your business must really make you some decent bucks). Most of the younger guys I have working for me up here are wondering if they will ever be able to afford a house in Edmonton or Calgary and they are around 25 with decent jobs. Starter homes are around 500k in a decent neighbourhood in cowtown and a bit less in Edmonton (1200+ sq ft bungalow fixer' upper type). What is the market like over there, I know Saskatoon SK has almost doubled in the last year or two just from Alberta "spill over". Is that happening out in Manitoba to a lesser extent as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a fine set up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Housing is very very affordable here... though you do still have to look around... my house is 1500sqft 2story... 3bd 2bath with a fully renovated bi-level split for a downstairs (honestly another 1200sqft) of living space... (another 1 bd and bath)

I picked it up for a steal at 165 000 though the average house is about 180 000... the newer developments are closer to the 230-250 K range (keep in mind the house i have is 25 years old)

Honestly check out the MLS for manitoba... there are honestly houses that are 3000-4000 sqft going for only 800-900K.... the wages out west are awesome but i cant get over the awesome cost of living here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts