AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time building a htpc and i just wanted you guys to look it over before i mess someting up.

what ill be using this mainly for is XMBC, web surfing, light gaming, and file server for other computers in household, so will be left on for long periods. i already have a ps3 as a blu ray, so i wont need blu ray drive.

LIAN LI PC-Q7 case

LIAN LI PS-A470GB 470W ATX12V

Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz

CORSAIR 4GB DDR2 PC2 6400

DVD Rom will be jsut a plain one

Hard drive will be 1TB WD Green

Dont plan on putting in a video card yet, but will pick a small video card later on in the future.

a few concerns i have, with this case having no fans. will it be safe to leave it on all the time? and is my power supply to much? but will it be enough in the future when i add a video card. thanks guys

· Premium Member
16,136 Posts
 Thermal Solution

Quote:
The Mini-Q PC-Q07 has passive cooling design, due to there are less heat from the Mini-ITX system.

This is not always true. Apparently the case is designed for C7/Nano/Atom, but it looks like many users use it with Intel desktop processors fine (even with a discrete graphics card).

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/16848440

The GeForce 9300 has HD video decoding capability and supports multi-channel PCM audio over HDMI. No need of a separate video card.

what if i wanted to play some light video games? i should add a card correct?

· Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezy /forum/post/16848559

what if i wanted to play some light video games? i should add a card correct?

That would depend on the games. But most tech reviews suggest that the 9300/9400 is a pretty capable and one of the most powerful IGPs around.

I would suggest to wait and play your games without the extra card and then buy one if required.

· Premium Member
16,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezy /forum/post/16848562

maybe id be fine? the cpu is only 65watts

Yup, you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.