Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5/5 from OPM.

From the TeamXbox Forums :

Quote:
Figured I would post this months issue.

Killzone 2 - 5/5

"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

"...the believability and consistency are hallmarks of the Killzone 2 expereince. None of the circumstances, weapons you find, locations you visit, or frankly any of the details in the world feel arbitrary. The world is consistently realized in its unappealing flavor."

"...filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe"

- bots in offline multiplayer "perform pretty well"

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will isntantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for teh best game of 2009"

The review started off by calling the first game mediocre by the way. Which I agree with.

SF IV 5/5

Shaun White Snowboarding 3.5/5

Persona 4 4.5/5

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 4.5/5

Sonic Unleashed 3/5

Rise of the Argonauts 2.5/5

Endwar 3/5

Other scores from OPM for comparison:

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift 3/5

Resistance 2 4/5

Uncharted 4/5

Heavenly Sword 4/5

Warhawk 3.5/5

GT5 Prologue 4/5

Haze 2.5/5

Lair 2.5/5

Annoyingly, they gave MotorStorm 2 it's lowest score, a 6 out of 10. This score forced the game's GameRankings average down to the very low 8s.

This is a great score fo Killzone 2, however.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Can't wait for this. Definitely a launch day purchase for me. MGS4 was the only other PS3 game that I purchased at launch.

Edit: Oh, and every Madden I always get at launch.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems the only other 5/5s they've given to ps3 exclusives are for MGS4 and LBP.

And here's a nice gif:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
can't wait.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would like to know what source they used for that review, it's almost two months ahead.

·
Banned
2,456 Posts
Nice to see KZ2 getting a good early review score, but I take it with a grain of salt - it's OPM. Warhawk a 3.5 and PES a 4.5? And I loved the crap out of Heavenly Sword, but a 4 for that? Their review scores are all over the place.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop /forum/post/15463225

Nice to see KZ2 getting a good early review score, but I take it with a grain of salt - it's OPM. Warhawk a 3.5 and PES a 4.5? And I loved the crap out of Heavenly Sword, but a 4 for that? Their review scores are all over the place.

Their Warhawk review REALLY made me ill. The letters page was full of hate the month after.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik /forum/post/15461762

I would like to know what source they used for that review, it's almost two months ahead.

I don't think this review's been published yet. It's still just a rumored review being passed around a couple dozen gaming forums. If there's anything less reliable than a "rumor" in the gaming industry, it's a "review."

In OPM's defense, though, all gaming magazines write their reviews early. In order to stay timely, they need to play review code at least a few weeks ahead of everyone else in order to get the review out in time for the game's release. This does seem a bit early, though, even for a magazine.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn /forum/post/15463102

I believe OPM also gave Killzone 1 a 9.5

LOL, if true then I can' help but take this review with grain of salt

any details on the SF4 review?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts
Don't know a whole lot about the new OPM but I remember the old OPM being one of the worst publications I've ever read. Their review staff always seemed to be composed of retarded chimps trained to use Microsoft Word. The only thing that magazine ever had going for it was it's demo disc.

Not trying to say Killzone 2 won't be great but any review from OPM isn't going to sway me in either direction.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtChurch /forum/post/15465882

Don't know a whole lot about the new OPM but I remember the old OPM being one of the worst publications I've ever read. Their review staff always seemed to be composed of retarded chimps trained to use Microsoft Word. The only thing that magazine ever had going for it was it's demo disc.

Not trying to say Killzone 2 won't be great but any review from OPM isn't going to sway me in either direction.
Always remember: The pessimist is never disappointed.

:p

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

Quote:
In OPM's defense, though, all gaming magazines write their reviews early. In order to stay timely, they need to play review code at least a few weeks ahead of everyone else in order to get the review out in time for the game's release. This does seem a bit early, though, even for a magazine.

The games been in a close to final state for 6 months now, so early reviews do sound plausible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.