AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast SportsnetHD on Comcast Channel 172.

Picture is gorgeous. Audio is terrible due to the continuous audio drop outs during graphics. It is very interesting that the drop outs happen with regularity every time there is a full screen graphic. When there is a full screen graphic, the audio mutes every 3 seconds for .25 second like clockwork. I assume this is happening to everyone that can see the game.

Anyway, as an O's fan, this is a milestone for me. The first HD baseball game I have seen as well. Just fix the audio problem - please!!

-ach

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm jealous! No CSN HD on DirecTV of course. If Comcast gets ESPN-HD before DirecTV, I'll make the switch.

The HD baseball games I have seen looked great. I'm sure Comcast will get the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And you can book this one to the Orioles - the first HD game is a 4-0 shutout!! :D

There are approximately 20+ more games in HD this year!!! Sorry for those that cannot get it - but - I can't get DirectTV due to trees so, as they say, the grass is always greener....

-ach

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by whotony
10801 addict.

this must be comcast baltimore.

on comcast phila we get the phillies games on 172.
Yes, Baltimore County. I should have clarified.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hpierce
Im jealous too, i have comcast in balto city and no orioles hd.

can anyone provide screenshots?
This is a travesty. In Baltimore City, home of the Orioles and Comcast refuses to offer HD or cable internet services.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Personally I didnt think it looked that great. Course it might have been cause it was at night. It had it's moments but I thought the Caps Games looked better.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Richard---Did you ask them why they dont offer HD or Internet? Usually that only happens if they dont have the Infrastructure in Place to handle it. Maybe The City stated that they cannot go tearing up the streets to replace their cable. Or maybe your City does not put enough Pressure on them to get HD and internet into the city.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I watched the game on Comcast Montgomery County last night. I thought the picture looked pretty darn good, to say the least (I was watching it on a 42" HDTV setup.

I clearly thought that the first Orioles broadcast looked much better than the Caps and Wizards games I had seen prior to this. I think a lot of it has to do with being shot in an outdoor environment vs indoors. The Caps games were the least impressive, the Wizards games decent and the Orioles game was the sharpest, by far (IMHO).

I'm really hoping that Comcast will start carrying ESPN HD soon. ESPN will be showing quite a few baseball games in HD this year (including the Sunday night games each week). Also, ESPN HD will, of course, be carrying all of the Sunday night football games this fall, as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I haven't seen any baseball, unfortunately, but I bet it's ideal for HD. With it's outdoor play, runners sliding in the dirt, and pauses between the action where the cameras pan the runners on base, the dugouts and the crowd, HD must add a lot to the experience. Those few seconds on the ESPN HD commercial looked glorious.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeInNVa
Richard---Did you ask them why they dont offer HD or Internet? Usually that only happens if they dont have the Infrastructure in Place to handle it. Maybe The City stated that they cannot go tearing up the streets to replace their cable. Or maybe your City does not put enough Pressure on them to get HD and internet into the city.
This is exactly the reason. TCI was the cable provider in Baltimore City, and Comcast bought them.

That aside, they have made NO move towards doing anything but collecting people's money out here. And their Digital Cable alone is atrocious. Unfortunately, for us, it's DirecTV HD or network HD. No CSN-HD for us.

Very frustrating

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.