Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just bought the Mitsubishi WS55311. Listed for $2399. I got 10% off, the leather recliner and ottoman and a $100 gift card (not good towards purchase of the TV) from Conn's. Got it home and hooked up, pretty straightforward, so far.

I have questions about component hookups. Does anyone have this TV?

I wish I would have known about this place before I bought, just to get more opinions. What do you know about Mitsu's TV's?

Looking forward to hearing from someone,

Stu

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I'm sure everyone will be glad to answer your questions...just be sure to read the manual and maybe try a few forum searched first.

Do you have a HD receiver/STB? Progressive DVD Player?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Alexander
Welcome to the club.

I'm sure everyone will be glad to answer your questions...just be sure to read the manual and maybe try a few forum searched first.

Do you have a HD receiver/STB? Progressive DVD Player?

Thanks. I have spent the entire time since I posted, reviewing past posts. A ton of great stuff here. I think that I might have overpaid for the tv now that I have seen what the dealer in NJ charges, but then I would have had to pay for shipping. Looks like screen burn in may be a problem with the network logos.

I am looking for additional codes for the remote too.

I have a cheapo dvd player. Memorex. Now that I have a good tv, I am shopping speakers and dvd players. My Sony a/v receiver has the 5.1 capabilities that I need. Amazing what you need as far as A/V stuff when properly motivated. :)

Still trying to get all audio to go through the receiver, right now only Sat signal does. Only had the tv for 3 days now though, so I am still working with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome Indystu2

I bought the WS-55411 about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I also bought from Conn's, perhaps we paid a little more than some places, but Conn's is just down the road if I have problems. Not to mention 0% financing. Definitely get a good progressive scan DVD. I found that it was like night and day when I removed the protective screen from the tv, so I would recommend that, if you don't have small kids or house pets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlsoBob,

Congrats on the new tv.

I have to keep the protective screen on for sure. 4 year old and an 18 mo. old!!

I am shopping the dvd players and the surround sound setup, now that I have the central piece to build around. Between this and my motorcycle habit, I think I need a 2nd job!! LOL

Stu

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Mits line doubler is not great...even with film sources. But man does it shine with progressive DVD. Some movies don't have much of a difference, but most have a much better picture (no jaggies and better color).

Upgrade that DVD player!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the first thing I am shopping is Surround Speakers. Looking at the JBL SCS150SI. I know this isn't the right place to talk about speakers though. Thanks for all the input!!

Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.