AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my first projector, very cheap ($400 or less). Plan to place it in my basement. There is one small window in the area, have the ability to get it pretty dark if necessary. Flexibility to ceiling mount if required. Distance for seating is probably around 12 ft.

At that price point I know I am very limited, all I am trying to accomplish is to get a larger viewing picture at least as good, preferably better (with regards to black levels/contrast) than my current LCD projection tv which is a Panasonic 44LCX65.

Intent would be to use it for a year, get the family bought in to how great it is, and then upgrade to something else.

Any suggestions/comments on how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
used or refurb 720p are out there at that price-that tv is 720p and i would not really get any thing less like 1024x768 or 800x600 but you can get those cheap as refurbs also250-300$.I have bought refurbs off of tigerdirect,ecost, and ebay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's about what I was thinking, however I had ruled out 800x600. Have been watching ebay closely, will check out tigerdirect and ecost. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.