AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building my first HT, as a result I am looking for my first projector as well. I am looking for a decent starter projector for less than $1000.....I wish to ceiling mount (6'8") it up to 15' (18' if necessary) from the screen and get screen of 6.5' (7' preferrably) wide.......is this possible? If so, are there any reccomendations?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The best advice I can give you is to ask a mod (report post icon in the lower left corner) to move this thread to the digital projector under 3k forum. That is where the "experts" in projectors hang out....guys that may already own one, but are constantly in the loop on the latest and greatest.

The second piece of advice is to read as much about the different types of projectors as possible to narrow your focus to technology....THEN price. As the other member pointed out, the two sites listed are great resources, along with our projector forum. At the other two sites, you'll find some articles on projector basics to get you started.

Remember as a newbie, you don't know, what you don't know....meaning you may not have the basic knowledge yet to know what questions to ask that are specific to your needs....cast a wide net for information. I say that, cause I'm not a big fan of this type of thread, you'll get some makes and models of projectors, but are they really what's best for you and your set up? The only person that will know for sure is you....but you really can't make a thoughtful decision without knowing what you are looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts