AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a first projector under 500$, after looking since one month i really hesitate between the Lg and Optoma

LG pb60g :
Pro : small, reading usb files on the go, longer lamp life
Con : 500 lumens, old model from 2012, not ps3 compatible 3D or blueray reader, no zoom lens

Optoma h181x :
Pro: 2014 model, 3200 lumens, full 3D
Con : cannot read usb has 2 hdmi input and an usb A, maybe could put a hdmi android stick later, traditional dlp bulb, heavier

I just want to watch some 720p movie files or playing blueray disc on at least 100 inch size in a dark living room, have a ps3 too, so what is the best choice today between both of them, i saw some acer even cheaper the acer x1373WH but none review on it yet.

What choice should i make ? or wait for upcoming led model around 500 $

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Looking for a first projector under 500$, after looking since one month i really hesitate between the Lg and Optoma

LG pb60g :
Pro : small, reading usb files on the go, longer lamp life
Con : 500 lumens, old model from 2012, not ps3 compatible 3D or blueray reader, no zoom lens

Optoma h181x :
Pro: 2014 model, 3200 lumens, full 3D
Con : cannot read usb has 2 hdmi input and an usb A, maybe could put a hdmi android stick later, traditional dlp bulb, heavier

I just want to watch some 720p movie files or playing blueray disc on at least 100 inch size in a dark living room, have a ps3 too, so what is the best choice today between both of them, i saw some acer even cheaper the acer x1373WH but none review on it yet.

What choice should i make ? or wait for upcoming led model around 500 $
There is no reasonable justification not to get a 1080p projector when they can be had for less than $100 more.

The use of LED models is nice, but a typical lamp will last you upwards of 2 years with normal use. Sometimes far more.

The Epson 2000 is $550 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Cinema-...TF8&qid=1427463295&sr=8-1&keywords=epson+2000

It has 3D, good brightness, is a full 1080p chip set, and has a lamp rated to 5,000 hours with $99 replacement lamps. The reviews of this model (or the identical 2030) are extensive and positive.

That's about 5 years on one lamp if you watch about 3 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There is no reason not to go this route. I like the 181x, but it's a 2x color wheel and not significantly less expensive than the 1080p HC2000.

Your budget is just to close to the 1080p line right now not to just start with four times the pixels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the detailed answer !
I never heard of that model i'm in France and there is much less choice here, the first full hd projector is around 600 dollars Optoma HD139x, but he has limited connections so will never be a stand alone videoplayer with usb stick, first price for Epson 3lcd HD ready is more than 700 dollars.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Gotta start with that "I'm in France..."

I don't know what you have available to you. I'm not a fan of the LED lit projectors that are on the cheap side. They aren't bright enough, and I would recommend the 181X over the sub 1,000 lumen micro LED models, especially at that price point. The new LG PF1500 seems to be a very nice product, but double your budget.

I would get the 181x, but I really would recommend you save up a bit more and look around at 1080p entry level models, especially the BenQ W1070 if it is available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta start with that "I'm in France..."

I don't know what you have available to you. I'm not a fan of the LED lit projectors that are on the cheap side. They aren't bright enough, and I would recommend the 181X over the sub 1,000 lumen micro LED models, especially at that price point. The new LG PF1500 seems to be a very nice product, but double your budget.

I would get the 181x, but I really would recommend you save up a bit more and look around at 1080p entry level models, especially the BenQ W1070 if it is available.
Thanks for your advice, after some thoughts i will go for a full hd projector, even 4k led tv are very cheap now would be a shame to have 720p something today, so if i find the epson in france you first recommend i will take it, or the benq model, optoma replacement bulb almost cost 250 $ here....

Thanks again !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts