AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, I set up a UHF antenna for OTA HDTV reception with our Hughes E86. Reception was pretty good throughout the week -- could get decent signal strength to lock in on local NBC, ABC, CBS affiliates and a number of other local stations.

Then, yesterday afternoon, we get a decent rain, and last night and today, I've lost almost all reception. CBS station stayed at 93 signal strength (down from 100), but NBC, ABC and most others are too low to lock in any signal -- NBC, for example, is down from 60's and 70's to 3-4; ABC is in the teens and low 20's.

Perhaps by coincidence, but I'm now thinking it's somehow connected, I have also lost the Satellite 119 signals for DirecTV HDNet and HBOHDTV. The other satellite signals are okay, including Showtime HDTV.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I'm prepared to take another trip up to the roof once the weather dries, but was wondering if anyone knows what to look for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would certainly suspect the connector on your antenna being full of water. If the only thing that changed was the rain, then the chances are rain got into the connector and will cause attenuation of the signals... I gues it is possible the fault is with the stations Tx but that is unlikley.

Good luck

r. remrich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.