AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i just bought a Samsung 55" LED TV this weekend and would like to buy a receiver and speakers.

i dont need thousand dollar speakers and receiver i want something that is partially future proof and also good quality.

i was thinking of buying the Onkyo NR609 and the Fluance AVHTB+ Surround Sound Home Theater 5 Speaker System.

i had a question about the Fluance speakers.

they are 5 speakers can i buy 2 more of the Fluance shelf speakers and 2 subs and can i work as 7.2 for the Onkyo NR609?

i heard the Fluance speakers are pretty good in the future i would buy more expensive ones but for now i dont need them and want something that is good for music and movies.

anyone have any recommendations for speakers in that price range of about $200-$400?

i have been looking at reviews for the speakers and receiver and really like the network part of receiver since i have a Spotify account.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrafuzzyllama /forum/post/20764532

i had a question about the Fluance speakers.

they are 5 speakers can i buy 2 more of the Fluance shelf speakers and 2 subs and can i work as 7.2 for the Onkyo NR609?

Sure. Although the 609 is 7.2 and has two sub preout jacks, you can also just add a $3 RCA "Y" splitter to a 7.1 AVR and achieve the same result.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.