AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work has always had me moving around and I've never really been in a position for it to be worth spending money on certain things, like a HT until now. I don't have the dimensions of the space I'll be moving into next week, but the square footage is around 490 for a 1 bedroom. I spent about 5 hours talking to a buddy of mine who used to do a lot of really high end installations and it wasn't really helpful at all in terms of giving me an idea of what I should be looking for.

Right now I want something for music that I can build into a HT, probably within the next 6 months. That said music is and will be the primary concern, enough to the extent that I would be happy to put my entire focus on music and scrap the HT idea if there were reason. My starting budget is around $1,000 to $1,200ish for a receiver, sub, and 2 speakers. I was originally thinking I wanted 3-way towers with an 8"powered sub to start. After talking to my buddy he was kinda pushing me towards bookshelf speakers due to mostly streaming music and being inexperienced and possibly unsure of sound preferences.

I probably should've perused the forum a bit more before posting but I'm not even really sure where I should start.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts