AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I really already have taken the first step. I have a Pioneer Sd532-HD5 ready for a set top box. With NHL starting to be broadcast HD and my local stations going DTV in May, I will be soon looking to get my first HD unit. Here is what i want:

A box that can accept both signals from a dish and OTA antenna

Am I better off getting a seperate HD box and DirecTV box, or get HDTV DirecTV?

I don't have DirecTV yet, so the options are open. I understand HDNet is free for DirecTV subscribers. What do prices look like for getting additional HD channels via DirecTV?

I have also considered getting a HDTV Tuner for my PC instead of a settop box, unless this will limit my options any.

------------------

Crashball

"I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack..."

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I would definitely recommend a DirecTV HDTV set top box. The RCA DTC100 is the bigest bang for the buck at $549 MSRP. It can be purchased for even less online and in some stores. The DTC100 and all other DirecTV HDTV STBs can tune analog and digital local stations, including HDTV plus standard-definition and high-definition DirecTV services.

I subscribe to a fairly big DirecTV package so maybe someone who is familiar with DirecTV pricing structure can help you with that.

------------------

HiDefDave

[This message has been edited by David McRoy (edited 10-04-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.