AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been coming too avsforum for awhile and learned a lot about speakers. In a couple of months i will be looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 stereo mainly for music. The music i listen to is Vietnamese pop music. I don't know which is better for music, a pair of floorstanding or a pair of bookshelves and a sub. I have about 800.00-1k to spend on it, plus a reciever. Would you also recommend which reciever to go with the system, and where can i buy it. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, english is my second language.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
My suggestion is to take a few of your favorite CD's to various stores. Buy what you like that best that fits your budget. There really is no easy answer to your question, there is no "winner".

You just have to pick the combination that fits best for you. You English it 1000 times better than my Vietnamese.

I prefer floor standing full range speakers for music. Others prefer bookshelves with a sub.

Again, there is no right answer. Both are a comprimise.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Welcome to the forums, ferrari4sale! I must say, you have excellent english, it is better than many people I know who speak english as their primary language. Are you in veitnam? I do not know what retailers are availible to you there if you are. Many companies in the united states and britain do not ship overseas so we may not be able to be of much help. You said your budget is 800-1000, is that in US dollars? Isnt your currency the đồng? I suppose if it was 800-1000 đồng, that would only be about 5-6 cents in US currency, that wont get you much
, I am sure you are well aware of all that though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I live in california. I know 800-1k dong won't event get you a cup of coffee. The only speaker i have had listened to is the Bose 10am. I read that the Wherfedale 8.3 and 8.4 is recommanded for the price. However, the speaker is too short, it's look funny. I like the size of the Polk lsi15. I know there is no good speak for everyone, but what is the best speaker for the price i'm asking.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4sale /forum/post/0

I live in california. I know 800-1k dong won't event get you a cup of coffee. The only speaker i have had listened to is the Bose 10am. I read that the Wherfedale 8.3 and 8.4 is recommanded for the price. However, the speaker is too short, it's look funny. I like the size of the Polk lsi15. I know there is no good speak for everyone, but what is the best speaker for the price i'm asking.

First off, welcome!

I know you are probably looking for make and model numbers of receivers and speakers as suggestions. For around $1000, you could actually put together a fairly nice system which would include a CD/DVD player, receiver and a set of speakers.

If you seriously only wanting a stereo only system, I'd be looking for a good set of tower speakers that have a nice overall response. I think it is important that you do listen to a number of brands that are available to you in California so you can judge for yourself which sounds best on the type of music you prefer. The problem with us recommending specific brands is that we all tend to have different ideas of what is "right". I like Klipsch, B&W and Polk. Many others do not.

In receivers, I like Rotel, Denon, HK, Yamaha and Pioneer (in that order). Others have a different order and would add other brands. Although it may feel like we are not giving you a direct answer it is only because what combination sounds good to me may not sound good to you.

What would really be good would be to buy from a store that has a generous "30 day no-questions asked" return policy. That way you can buy a system, try it in your own home and decide whether or not it sounds good to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.