AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang-

I'm looking to dive into DIY world because I want more performance for my dollar. I only ever owned two brands that rock. Tannoy pbm8 Mk2 (5.1) And Aperion Intumis 633T with matching center surrounds and sub-

I mention them because with those systems I got what I was looking for- and I want that again but don't have funds.

I HATE HATE HATE 80hz xover!!!!!!!!
I'm pure! If my speakers can play 40hz I want them to... It sounds awesome- and I don't want sub have to handle its dedicated and all extra throwing away from sound stage. I prefer 40-60hz flat all around and sub handle 40 and under.

With that said been on DIYsoundGroup and although they are awesome I'm disappointed in Frq response.
Ones that do fall in my category are UBeR to much - with one exception
Volt-10LX

Depending how the next couple weeks go I want to order three of them. LCR- I've noticed lot people say don't use them as LCR ??? Why not? Great FRq great power handelinf and 98dB yummy!

Anyone using them as that currently? And yes I seen 1099 to much for pretty much same specs. And hate me if you want but I think they are ugly. If layout was different maybe but looks like knock off brand again just looks I know they are good.

My current setup although not top notch is
Polk Audio 65T fronts 45B surrounds CS10 center and two pairs OWM3 for Atmos paired with Pioneer Elite SC-97.

Also wanted try Mtm but most are 4 1/2 drivers which I hate and sound like garbage after a certain volume.

So narrowed it down to Denham Mtm or Volt-10LX.

Which would be better for what I want? I want to be able to play movies at reference with out worrying about speakers crapping out.

Polks I have now are 4 or 4 1/2 and sound like **** once I hit certain volume. And I know playing at reference will kill them.

Budget well $600 for now

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can always put speaker grills on the fronts if you think they are ugly, then the drivers will be hidden.
I'd go with the biggest Fusion speaker you can afford.
Already looked into Fusion Series- really bad FRq response. Fusion 12 is about same but $330 one speaker.

Not sure what's wrong with volt-10lx cheaper and same performance as more expensive models- I don't need three way speakers. Two way or Mtm/tmm perfect

1 - 3 of 3 Posts