AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I install my screen now, or wait until I put the projector up? I am looking for the easiest way to do this, and I am expecting my DWIN on Friday.

I already have the Vutec 106 diag screen(frame is assembled, and I have to mount it to the wall, then take the mount off the frame(but keeping the mounts on the wall) to attach the screen fabric(how hard will this be?) to the frame, and then put the frame on the mounts.

I have ordered the DWIN mount and the 45 foot DVI cable, so I should be good to go on friday.

I am pretty sure where the screen will go(I only have a few inches of space between speakers), but I am seeking advice on what my first step should be.

Thanks guys for any help,

Fred

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you have absolutely no choice in screen mounting then fine..however if you have room to play...then I would mount the projector first....throw up a test pattern and see where it falls on the wall.Draw a faint outline of the pattern and see where its all at.

Remember measure twice....cut once.

My .02 cents CDN!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Best to mount and level the pj (level it in both directions) first, then see if the height suits you. Adjust the mount vertically if possible, then mark and mount the screen. I built a non-adjustable mount (only has neoprene washers between pj and mount for fine leveling) and I achieved great results with this approach. See "My HT Approaches Completion!" thread for pic's.

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mount your PJ first, then offer up the Vutech frame and mark the position once you have projected an image.

Fit the wall plugs and offer up the screen again to make sure it lines up ok.

Finally apply the material to the frame.

I found working from the middle of each side towards the corners worked best foe me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.