AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! First time poster and I'd like to say thank you for all the information I've been able to get here. I've recently purchased a Samsung HL56A650 and both and Wife and I were more than pleased out of the box. After plugging in the 'standard' settings, even more so...so thanks again! I do have a question though and would like to know if anyone has seen this.

When watching movies, it seems like during scenes that look like they're shot in an area that would have fluorescent lighting (diners, bathrooms etc...) things that would normally be pinkish or red seem to look purple. As an example, watching the movie Pulse, there are times when the girls lips are purple-ish and in areas where there would red on the skin (cheeks) there's a purple-ish tint. We've only noticed this on some indoor scenes, never outside, daylight, night scenes etc. Has anyone seen this before? This is on DVD and Blue Ray (PS3). As another example, watching Dark Knight on Blue Ray, in the scene where Batman is interrogating the Joker, Batmans lips have a real strong purple-ish tint to them. Seems like this would be another place where fluorescent lighting would be used. Both sources are HDMI.

Aside from this, and it's not a HUGE thing (just noticeable), love this TV. Thanks in advance for any help! Oh...and Happy New Year folks!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbzak1 /forum/post/15449555

..When watching movies, it seems like during scenes that look like they're shot in an area that would have fluorescent lighting (diners, bathrooms etc...) things that would normally be pinkish or red seem to look purple...!

Hot lamps take a few hundred hours to settle in. You don't say how many hours you have but if you're still in this period just enjoy your set for a while, then readjust the menu settings. At that time you can see if there are still problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegow /forum/post/15450167

Hot lamps take a few hundred hours to settle in. You don't say how many hours you have but if you're still in this period just enjoy your set for a while, then readjust the menu settings. At that time you can see if there are still problems.

Thanks! We'll do that. We've had it since about 2 weeks before X-Mas. But with as much watching as we've done, it's probably getting close to about 250 hours so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts