Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Had followed the thread on DirecTV $299.00 special and on forth call got excellent pricing, so went ahead with purchase. Installer was here yesterday(not any help at all) and I had already run new cable so was just a swap out. I have been using RCA receivers, first DTC-100, and about six months ago went to the DTC-210. I liked that unit as there was no switching to 1080i, and it had the output I needed which is a VGA/RGBHV which goes to my Seleco CRT projector. It does not have any digital inputs. In advance I purchased a switch/adapter from RAM Electronics made by Key Digital to go from Component-to-VGA, and their tech person said it will do 1080i just fine. Well I had problems as my projector did not want to sync with it and when I did have a picture it had wavey vertical lines running through it. I spoke with Key Digital yesterday and they said send it back and they will do a upgrade for 1080i which should solve the timing problem.

Sorry about the length, but my questions are: Not being familiar with the HD250 I wanted to make sure I am doing set-up correct. My screen is a Stewart Horizontal Electromask130- 4x3 (so I can mask off any aspect ratio movie), and with the RCA receiver it had aspect ratio settings for both SD which I set for 4x3 and also HDTV which I set to 16x9. It appears the HD TIVO unit has just one option to set to 16x9, which I did not do, and was wondering if this was the problem in hindsight. When I had the picture toggled to 1080i, and switched projector to the RGB input, the picture size looked correct, but I just had the lines in it or it completely lost its sync.

I have read the manual through and through but still not quite sure. The installer was in such a hurry to leave he only did part of the install, and I had to go back and complete the audio, 2-lines in, telephone, etc. That is why I do not want any of those people touching my gear!

So for SD viewing I run a S-Video through a DVDO line doubler, and from there a VGA to projector, and I must say my picture improved 50% with this receiver, or new cable, or both. Very happy with that. But just wondering if anyone else is using this unit with a CRT front projector and what your set-up is. I certainly wish it would have had a VGA out but it does not. If I cannot get it to work in my HT room I will put it in bedroom, as I got it at no out of pocket expense.

Thanks much if you can be of any help in this set-up problem.

John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.