AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hard to get VHS was supposed to come out on DVD last year but never did. It is a Top 5 Western ever. What happened. I have never seen it -just read all the reviews. They say it is as good if not better than Once upon a Time...

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HoustonGuy
This hard to get VHS was supposed to come out on DVD last year but never did. It is a Top 5 Western ever. What happened. I have never seen it -just read all the reviews. They say it is as good if not better than Once upon a Time...
Far be it for me to define your tastes, but I would be hard pressed to find anyone that thought A Fistful of Dynamite was in the same league with any of Leone's other films, especially Once Upon A Time In The West -- a recognized masterwork.

Duck You Sucker as this film was originally called in the US (what a dreadful title) was a literal abortion in the editing room. The dialogue soundtrack, never a strong suit of Leone's, is warped beyond belief starting with Coburn's in-and-out attempt at an Irish brogue and a rare totally misguided musical score by Morricone.

I know this one rates a 7.4 at IMDB, but I can't for the life of me see why. It pales in comparison to Leone's other films and is rarely mentioned whenever you catch a glimpse at a synopsis of his life's work.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It's his worst film. I'd rate it a C+.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.